New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Red Hot Chili Peppers to headline music fest in Pampanga for benefit of Yolanda survivors
    By Edwin P. Sallan, InterAksyon.com · Friday, December 27, 2013 · 11:25 am
    Share This

Red Hot Chili Peppers. (Reuters)
    The Red Hot Chili Peppers, the legendary American rock band that was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012, will headline the 7107 International Music Festival that will take place in Clark, Pampanga on February 22 and 23 next year.

Formed in 1983, the Chili Peppers or RHCP as they are best known to fans, rose to prominence with their unique fusion of rock and funk with occasional elements of psychedelia, metal and punk rock thrown in for good measure.

The band reached the peak of their popularity in 1991 with their fourth studio album “Blood Sugar *** Magik”, which was certified seven times platinum in the US, and the anthemic hit single, “Under The Bridge”. RHCP’s following never actually declined since then as all studio albums (“One Hot Minute”, “Californication”, “By The Way”, “Stadium Arcadium” and “I’m With You”) that followed all made the top 5 of the Billboard Hot 200 album chart in the US.

Aside from “Under The Bridge”, the band’s other best known songs include “Give It Away”, “Soul To Squeeze”, “Scar Tissue”, “Otherside”, “Californication”, “By The Way”, “The Zephyr Song”, “Can’t Stop”, “Dani California” and their covers of Stevie Wonder’s “Higher Love” and the Ohio Players’ “Love Rollercoaster”.

The current line-up consists of founding members and high school classmates Anthony Kiedes and Flea on vocals and bass respectively, longtime drummer Chad Smith, and Josh Klinghoffer, who officially replaced founding guitarist John Frusciante in 2009.

Aside from RHCP, other performers that are confirmed to perform at the music festival include Australian electronic duo Empire of the Sun, Danish pop band The Asteroids Galaxy Tour, American alternative group Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, who previously performed in Manila, the UK-based pop-rock outfit the Natives and local favorites Up Dharma Down and Radioactive Sago Project.

The poster for the 7107 International Music Festival, which is set for February 22-23, 2014 in Clark, Pampanga.
    “Part of the proceeds will be used to rebuild, rehabilitate and fund relief projects for Typhoon Yolanda victims, a fantastic cause, which we’re proud to be a part of,” The Natives posted on their Facebook page.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are already doing their share for the calamity victims. The band is part of the all-star album “Songs for the Philippines” released last month to raise money for the typhoon victims in Leyte, Samar and other affected areas in the South. RHCP’s contribution to the compilation is the song, “Factory of Faith”.

The two-day outdoor music festival will officially commence at noontime of February 22 at the Global Gateway Logistics City in Clark, Pampanga. According to the event’s official website at 7107imf.com, the concert will consist of “two stages present(ing) a spectacular lineup of both international and local artists carefully handpicked to satisfy every musical craving”.

“In this world of live music, thrills, adventure, good eats, and people from around the globe, the only way to transcend the different cultures is through one language called music. Make sure to be there once the clock strikes noon,” the site also posted.

In addition to pre-selling tickets that are good for the entire duration of the festival (priced at P8,500 for general admission and P20,000 for VIP access), the event’s official site are also accepting cash donations for typhoon Yolanda survivors.
    Red Hot Chili Peppers to headline music fest in Pampanga for benefit of Yolanda survivors | Entertainment News ? InterAksyon.com

too bad...ang mahal ng ticket.
    pati parking may bayad...at ang mahal din.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sana nag concert man lang sa araneta..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I would love to watch them live pero I'm not a fan of a festival setting for a concert. Masyado magulo, madumi, at walang seat leveling (cause I'm short)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ang mahal na at ang layo. sana arena na lang venue.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    parang monotonous rhcp. kakasawa yung funk tripping nila.
    the best album nila for me is "one hot minute" nung naging gitarista nila si dave navarro. pati music nila naiba ni dave. nung bumalik si frusciante, naging old rhcp ulit.
    then i stopped listening to them.
    maganda team-up ni dave at flea music wise. nagsasama yang dalawang yan sa "jane's addiction".

Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    I would love to watch them live pero I'm not a fan of a festival setting for a concert. Masyado magulo, madumi, at walang seat leveling (cause I'm short)
    corny pati nung maka line-up na banda.

the best concert na nagyari sa pinas yung mtv world tour sa araneta noong 96.
    foo fighters, beastie boys and sonic youth.
    hindi ko makakalimutan yun! sulit!

front act yung eheads na hindi ko trip.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hayop naman kamahal ng ticket?! Idahdag mo pa na byahe papunta dun. Dumugin kaya ng tao yan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Dudumug mga SC dyan

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    P8,500 for general admission? That is way too expensive! That's already $200 not including the cost of fuel to get there. I heard that parking will be P600/car! So let's say if I bring a date to watch general admission, I'd be spending at least P20,000 for tickets, refreshments, fuel and parking. Boo!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    the best concert na nagyari sa pinas yung mtv world tour sa araneta noong 96.
    foo fighters, beastie boys and sonic youth.
    hindi ko makakalimutan yun! sulit!

front act yung eheads na hindi ko trip.
    natatandaan ko din yun....da bes nga yun!
    pati yung METALLICA at PEAL JAM concert, da bes din ;)

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gusto ko rin nga sana manood. Panira lang talaga ang ticket price at yun parking, plus bakit sa Clark ang venue? Kamote yun organizer nito.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast