Apr 2008
    condolence from me and csp family

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    RIP Mr Ramirez..

My condolences to the family

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    I've been a member of this forum for a while but have never really had much to contribute till now.

On behalf of the entire Ramirez clan I would like to thank all of you for your heartfelt condolences and prayers for my father in law.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Our sincerest condolences sir Dobermaxx. There will never be another legend like him.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    [SIZE="3"]RP racing legend Pocholo Ramirez dead, 76 [/SIZE]

source: http://sports.inquirer.net/breakingn...amirez-dead-76

MANILA, Philippines—Philippine racing legend Pocholo Ramirez died at 1:30 a.m. Wednesday after a long battle with cancer.

He was 76.

Ramirez earned driver of the year awards six times. In 2000, he was the Blaze Super Saloon Champion at the age of 68.

Even after being diagnosed with urinary bladder cancer two and a half years ago, he still competed in local races. Up until he was 75, Ramirez would still be seen behind the wheel competing with racers less than half his age.

Ramirez, or "Tito Poch" in the motoring industry, became popular with the younger generation when, in 2005, he appeared in the TV commercial Petron Xtra Mile Challenge fuel economy run, and confidently uttered the famous "Traffic? Bring it on!" copy line.
    Widely considered the "Jedi master of driving," Ramirez was admired for his smooth racing techniques.

He was born January 19, 1933 and started racing professionally at the age of 30.

His racing career spanned 45 years, with successful stints in Macau, Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia.

Ramirez was honored in the 2008 Car of the Year Awards with a lifetime achievement award late last year. A concert "I Heart Ramirez" was organized by motoring journalists late December 2008 in his honor.

At the popular social networking site Facebook, a follower remarked: "Tito Poch will blaze through the heavens teaching angels how to race."

Ramirez is survived by his wife Ellen Ramirez, five children Kookie, Georges, Louis, Michelle and Miguel, his daughters-in-law and sons-in-law. All four sons carry on the racing legacy of their father.

The Ramirez wake starts at 1 p.m. March 19 to March 20 at the Chapel C of Christ the King Church in Green Meadows, Quezon City. Novena mass will start at 7 p.m. The nine-day novena, starting Saturday, will be held at Valle Verde Country Club every 7 p.m.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    [SIZE="3"]RP racing legend Pocholo Ramirez dead, 76 [/SIZE]

source: http://sports.inquirer.net/breakingn...amirez-dead-76

MANILA, Philippines—Philippine racing legend Pocholo Ramirez died at 1:30 a.m. Wednesday after a long battle with cancer.

He was 76.

Ramirez earned driver of the year awards six times. In 2000, he was the Blaze Super Saloon Champion at the age of 68.

Even after being diagnosed with urinary bladder cancer two and a half years ago, he still competed in local races. Up until he was 75, Ramirez would still be seen behind the wheel competing with racers less than half his age.

Ramirez, or "Tito Poch" in the motoring industry, became popular with the younger generation when, in 2005, he appeared in the TV commercial Petron Xtra Mile Challenge fuel economy run, and confidently uttered the famous "Traffic? Bring it on!" copy line.
    Widely considered the "Jedi master of driving," Ramirez was admired for his smooth racing techniques.

He was born January 19, 1933 and started racing professionally at the age of 30.

His racing career spanned 45 years, with successful stints in Macau, Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia.

Ramirez was honored in the 2008 Car of the Year Awards with a lifetime achievement award late last year. A concert "I Heart Ramirez" was organized by motoring journalists late December 2008 in his honor.

At the popular social networking site Facebook, a follower remarked: "Tito Poch will blaze through the heavens teaching angels how to race."

Ramirez is survived by his wife Ellen Ramirez, five children Kookie, Georges, Louis, Michelle and Miguel, his daughters-in-law and sons-in-law. All four sons carry on the racing legacy of their father.

The Ramirez wake starts at 1 p.m. March 19 to March 20 at the Chapel C of Christ the King Church in Green Meadows, Quezon City. Novena mass will start at 7 p.m. The nine-day novena, starting Saturday, will be held at Valle Verde Country Club every 7 p.m.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    RIP Sir Pocholo...

My condolences to the Ramirez Family...
    Last edited by ianmitsulancer; March 18th, 2009 at 11:30 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    R.I.P., Pocholo.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Without a doubt, Pocholo Ramirez was the best ever Phil. race driver.He excelled in saloons, formula & rallying. You could give him any car & pretty soon he was extracting the maximum potential from it. At the Luneta Grand Prix in 1970 he was the only one capable of staying with the all conquering Mini Coopers at the end of the long straight as he'd put all of the power down exiting the U turn almost as early.At the GMTFM slaloms, he would always take home the most trophies. This was a milestone as he would race different cars in different classes & would take on everyone gamely.He was so good that Toyota Japan assigned 2 of the only 4 racing Celicas built in 1972 ( Toyota's major racing breakthrough) to Toyota Phils. The list just goes on and on..... but the best part, he would teach all those who asked him. Great manGod keep his soul.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Saludo....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
R.I.P. Pocholo Ramirez