New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do you think she is really a good role model?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 22.22%
  • No, after all her scandal

5 55.56%
  • Maybe. I am not sure about this issue

0 0%
  • I don't really care

2 22.22%
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    do you guys think she is good role model for girls? me thinks...

[SIZE=2]Reuters

ISTANBUL - Paris Hilton, the celebrity and hotel heiress who spent a stint in jail last year, said on Thursday she sees herself as a role model for young women as she prepared to judge a contest to crown Miss Turkey.

Hilton, who will sit on a jury to select Miss Turkey 2008, said she valued not only beauty but also "good heart" when looking at the contestants' attributes.

"This is my first time judging anything like this," she told Reuters. "I'm going to look at how the girls carry themselves, what they look like, the way they dress and what they say."

It might seem ironic that Hilton, 27, sees herself as a role model and is judging what other women will say about their lives and futures. She starred in U.S. reality TV show "The Simple Life" portraying herself as a rich girl overcome by the boring routine of daily, middle-class life.

Hilton earned a lot of unwanted publicity in 2003 after an amateur *** video of her hit the Internet, and spent three weeks in a Los Angeles last year in a drunken driving case.

But her name is used to sell a host of products around the world and she is followed by paparazzi.

Hilton said 90 percent of stories about her in the media are "complete lies," and she blamed the numerous bloggers on the Internet for spreading misinformation.

"I don't pay attention to lies because I am a good person, I work very hard and I've built this empire on my own. I think this is an inspiration for a lot of girls out there."

Asked if she was happy to be seen as a role model by girls, Hilton said: "Yes."

Hilton, whose grandfather Barron Hilton decided to donate 97 percent of his $2.3 billion wealth to charity, said she did not have any hard feelings about his decision, which many presumed would drastically reduce her future inheritance.

"It won't affect me anyway," she said. "My grandfather is an incredible man. He is very generous. And what he is doing is amazing."

Hilton's latest project is a show on MTV in which people will compete to be her friend. "Paris Hilton's My New BFF" (best friend forever) is set to air on the U.S. cable network later this year.

"I obviously have a lot of friends already, but I just thought it would make great TV show," she said. "You know, most of my friends are from Hollywood. They are kind a jaded a little bit. We are going to be meeting people from all around the world."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage...StoryId=113315
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by chilli; March 28th, 2008 at 10:25 AM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    HELL NO!!! The girl does not know the value of work since she had a silver spoon ever since she was a baby... Caught drinking and driving and spent prison time... Is that a role model for girls? Or role model for anyone really? Maybe a role model for a socialite brat, sure....

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    role model??????? are you kidding me??? maybe when gas prices hit 15 pesos na lang ulit maybe. just maybe.... still... maybe...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    but she is proud to be one (according to he)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Role model? no way...perhaps ..whore model....sorry po.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Paris Hilton as role model....... Probably not in lifestyle or morals. Turkey's laws are much too strict. But, Turkish women do have an appetite for western fashion. Fashionwise, I suppose PH's ok.

OT
    Ahh, Turkey. What a wonderful place...... All the young, slender, long-haired, long-legged women with tight, tight, and supertight jeans and blouses. That and the German (women) tourists who loved to sunbathe nude at the beaches/resorts of Antalya.... *sigh*

The wife* and older kid wants to go back. Someday, we'll vacation there again.

*She probably wants to buy more gold.....

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    What type of Role ba gusto nya i-model?

she should be more specific...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    i dont think maganda na sya ang maging role model. after ng lahat ng scandal nya, tingin ko hindi magandang impluwensya yun sa mga kabataan. baka isipin nila ayos lang na gawin ang mga pinaggagawa ni paris basta magsisi lang sila sa huli.

Paris Hilton happy to be role model for girls