New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I was just checking the blog and the writer alleged that one of the characters he calls potatohead was maligned by said potatohead's ex-gf in a written format he re-printed. It said that the claimed character he called potatohead said that the phils was "Monkeyland" filled with incompetent monkeys (or something to that effect). Is the ex-Gf liable for libel?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    he was interviewed last night. well he mentioned that he wont close his blogsite until Delfin give him back his money. He mentioned he needs his money to move on with his life, I guess to build his future

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok lang yan...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    If it's not true, it will die naturally. So why bother? IMO.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    diba there was this guy from a prominent family who owns an upscale dept store who was found dead in his condo?

The aussie blogger claims he knows what really happened.

I heard from other people that the guy found dead died from overdosing on illegal drugs.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    diba there was this guy from a prominent family who owns an upscale dept store who was found dead in his condo?

I heard from other people that the guy found dead died from overdosing on illegal drugs.
    hmm i guess he was referring to Joel Tantoco, grandson of Bienvenido Tantoco of Rustan's Group of companies. di ba allegedly "bangungot" daw ang kinamatay.

Such was the case with young and dynamic Joel Tantoco, who left us with no warning the day after E.J.’s passing. After soul searching and finally coming to peace with God, Joel passed away tragically from bangungot.
    http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/...ticle_id=43272

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Am not well versed with the law but if the claims of drugs are true aren't the offenders supposed to be investigated? Even the said "club" where it is dispensed? Or are they protected by their station in society? Or by certain political figures?

Also if proven true about the guy related to the dept store family are not those who provided him the drugs liable as well?

Cocaine is a pretty hardcore narcotic. Is the use of it considered a crime or is it the pushing of it? What is the current punishment for druggies?

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    hmm i guess he was referring to Joel Tantoco, grandson of Bienvenido Tantoco of Rustan's Group of companies. di ba allegedly "bangungot" daw ang kinamatay.

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/...ticle_id=43272

that's the press release.

The family would never tell the public about a drug overdose.

Pero insiders know what really caused his death.

a guy who has never read the blog or knew of the blog told me that the guy died of OD.

the aussie blogger is saying the same thing...
    Last edited by uls; April 2nd, 2008 at 12:43 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    Am not well versed with the law but if the claims of drugs are true aren't the offenders supposed to be investigated? Even the said "club" where it is dispensed? Or are they protected by their station in society? Or by certain political figures?

Also if proven true about the guy related to the dept store family are not those who provided him the drugs liable as well?

Cocaine is a pretty hardcore narcotic. Is the use of it considered a crime or is it the pushing of it? What is the current punishment for druggies?
    the law doesnt apply to them.

the high society crowd is untouchable.

They actually use the police to harass people who wronged them.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    There's a certain amount in grams(?) which is the limit for drug possession. Over and beyond this, the crime is drug pushing, which is non-bailable. Maximum penalty is life imprisonment (since the death penalty has been abolished).

But as I've said in an earlier post, if you're well connected and wealthy, you need not spend a single day in jail. That's just the way things are here.

The PDEA may be doing a good job hunting the drug dealers, but the criminal justice system, in the words of Brian Gorrell, simply stinks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast