New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I've searched at mukhang wala pang existing thread.

http://www.startrekmovie.com/

Directed by J.J. Abrams (director/producer/creator of Lost and Cloverfield). Lahat ng nahawakang project nitong si J.J. Abrams magaganda .

Cast:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/
    the bad guy "Sylar" from Tv series "Heroes" plays Spock!!!!!
    Sulu should be played by a Filipino-american for obvious reasons (Sulu Sea diba!). pero ok na din si John Cho of "Harold and Kumar".

Interview with John Cho

You are playing (Hikaru) Sulu in the new Star Trek film. How do you feel about playing a Japanese character, being a Korean American?

J.C: I'm insulted! [sarcastic]

No. I don't feel like it has any particular bearing on this role because he is Japanese American. I wouldn't take a part that is Japanese from Japan, or a recent Japanese immigrant, because I don't think there is a way that I could do that accent really effectively and convincingly.

As far as the surname goes and cultural background, I think it's irrelevant. I think it's more, "Can you be convincing as an actor?" Sometimes you're better off casting someone who is really from that culture because the role calls for an accent that's going to be convincing. But I talked to George (Takei, the actor who first played Sulu) about it, and he said that (Gene) Roddenberry's original intent was that everybody on the bridge of the Enterprise was supposed to represent the entire world. He said that Sulu was supposed to represent the continent of Asia. They didn't have a specific cultural origin for him before the show was cast. Then George was cast and they needed to come up with a name. Gene was looking at a map and saw the name Sulu Sea and it bordered multiple Asian countries, and he thought that this was kind of a Pan-Asian name. When they came up with a first name, George is Japanese American, so they give him the name Hikaru. But the intent was not really to create a Japanese-specific character, the intent was to create a Pan-Asian character.

http://news.newamericamedia.org/news...b781e0d6a6f9b6
    Last edited by Negus; March 25th, 2008 at 11:40 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I can't wait. Although it might be kinda weird to watch another actor play "Kirk" including all the bad acting that went into it in the previous movies and original series.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Who cares about the wimpy Terrans? Bring on the Klingons! Kaplah! "Today is a good day to die!"......simply awesome
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 25th, 2008 at 03:55 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Star Trek (also referred to as Star Trek XI) is an upcoming science fiction film, the eleventh entry in the Star Trek film series, based on the franchise created by Gene Roddenberry. In April 2006, after several years of rumor and speculation, Paramount Pictures announced that the film would be produced by Lost co-creators J. J. Abrams (who is also directing) and Damon Lindelof. It was written by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, who are also executive producers with Bryan Burk, Jeffrey Chernov and Level 1 Entertainment executives Bill Todman, Jr., Edward Milstein, and Paul Schwake. The film will simply be called Star Trek[1] and will be released on May 8, 2009 in the United States, after being pushed back from Christmas 2008.

Contents [hide]
    1 Premise
    2 Cast
    3 Production
    3.1 Development
    3.2 Writing
    3.3 Filming
    3.4 Music
    4 Release
    5 Marketing
    6 References
    7 External links

[edit] Premise
    The story will focus on the earliest adventures of James T. Kirk and Spock,[2] and will also feature appearances by the main characters from the original series.[3]

[edit] Cast
    Chris Pine as James T. Kirk. The actor dropped out of starring in a film adaptation of White Jazz to take on the role.[4] Pine said he wanted to evoke Kirk's characteristics, but not completely replicate William Shatner's performances.[5] He also cited Harrison Ford's performances as Han Solo and Indiana Jones as an inspiration, citing his "absolute grumpy manner; the accidental hero. Not to say that I modeled my version of James T. Kirk on anything in particular but I think I definitely have wanted to bring that kind of Harrison Ford humour to Kirk."[6] For some time, it was widely rumored that Matt Damon would play Kirk in the movie. Damon, upon hearing the rumors, including comments from William Shatner giving him a "seal of approval" for the role,[7] contacted Abrams to ascertain the truth, only to be told that the Kirk in the film was a younger man and he was "too old" for the part.[8][9] Damon commented that if sequels are made featuring an older Kirk than that portrayed by Pine, then he would be interested in playing the role.[7]
    Jimmy Bennett plays James Kirk as a boy.[10]
    Zachary Quinto as Spock. For the role, Quinto shaved his eyebrows, and spent three hours a day having pointed ears and large earlobes applied, so as to match Nimoy's appearance.[11] Adrien Brody had discussed playing the role with the director before Quinto was cast.[12]
    Leonard Nimoy appears as an older version of Spock. Regarding how two Spocks would appear in the film, Quinto was only allowed to reveal "[that] there's going to be a sense of guidance through this film", as he was bound by his non-disclosure agreement. Quinto befriended Nimoy after being cast in the role.[13]
    Jacob Kogan will play Spock as a child.[14]
    Karl Urban as Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy. Like Pine, Urban said of taking on the role that "it is a case of not doing some sort of facsimile or carbon copy, but really taking the very essence of what DeForest [Kelley] has done and honoring that and bringing something new to the table". Urban has been a fan of the show since he was seven years old and actively pursued the role.[15]
    Simon Pegg as Montgomery "Scotty" Scott. To perform Scotty's accent, Pegg was assisted by his Scottish wife.[16] Paul McGillion auditioned for the role, and he impressed producers enough that he was given another role in the film.[17]
    Chris Doohan, the son of the original Scotty, James Doohan, makes a cameo appearance in the transport room. Doohan has e-mailed Pegg about the role, and the actor has promised him his performance "would be a complete tribute to his father".[16] He previously cameoed in Star Trek: The Motion Picture.
    Anton Yelchin as Pavel Chekov: As with the rest of the cast, Yelchin was allowed to choose what elements there were from their predecessor's performances. Yelchin decided to carry on Walter Koenig's speech patterns of replacing "v"s with "w"s. He described Chekov as an odd character, being a Russian who was brought on to the show "in the middle of the Cold War". He recalled a "scene where they're talking to Apollo [who says], 'I am Apollo.' And Chekov is like, 'And I am the czar of all Russias.' [...] They gave him these lines. I mean he really is the weirdest, weirdest character." [18] Yelchin has revealed that he is signed on to reprise the role two more times.[19]
    Zoe Saldana as Uhura. Abrams had liked her work and requested that she play the role. Saldaña never saw the original series, but agreed to play the role after Abrams had complimented her. "For an actor, that's all you need, that's all you want. To get the acknowledgement and respect from your peers," she said. She met with Nichelle Nichols, who explained to her how she had created Uhura's background, and also named the character.[20]
    John Cho as Hikaru Sulu. Cho acknowledged being an Asian-American, "there are certain acting roles that you are never going to get, and one of them is playing a cowboy. [Playing Sulu] is a realization of that dream — going into space." He cited the masculinity of the character as being important to him, and spent two weeks fight training.[21] Cho suffered an injury to his wrist during filming, although a representative assured it was "no big deal".[22] James Kyson Lee was interested in the part, but because Quinto was cast as Spock, the producers of the TV show Heroes did not want to lose another cast member for three months.[23] Sulu's original portrayer, George Takei, had expressed hope he would appear in the film alongside Nimoy.[24]
    Eric Bana as Nero, the film's villain. Bana compared his screentime to a cameo appearance, but said, "It's a really well-written script, great part. Couldn't say no. I don't actually look at the size of parts ever."[25] Bana is a fan of the franchise, since being "a huge Trekkie when I was a kid", and felt "if I get compared to any of [the classic villains], I’ll be doing well". His scenes were shot later in principal photography.[26]
    Clifton Collins, Jr. as General Ayel, Nero's henchman.[27]
    Bruce Greenwood as Christopher Pike.[28]
    Chris Hemsworth as George Samuel Kirk, Sr., Kirk's father.[29]
    Jennifer Morrison as Winona Kirk, Kirk's mother.[30]
    Spencer Daniels as George Samuel "Sam" Kirk, Jr., Kirk's older brother, who appears in a scene with Jimmy Bennett.[10]
    Ben Cross as Sarek, Spock's father.[31]
    Winona Ryder as Amanda Grayson, Spock's mother.[32]
    Greg Ellis as Chief Engineer Olsen.[33]
    Sonita Henry,[34] Randy Pausch,[35] Darlena Tejeiro,[36] and James Cawley have unnamed roles. Cawley appears as a Starfleet officer.[37] Rachel Nichols plays an Orion alien.[38] Tyler Perry is playing the head of Starfleet Academy.[39] Lucia Rijker will be playing a Romulan communications officer. Kelvin Yu is a Starfleet medical technician.[40] Paul Townsend will be playing a security officer.[41] W. Morgan Sheppard, who played a Klingon in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, appears in this film as a different alien.[42] A tribble will make an appearance in the film.[43]

William Shatner has repeatedly said he would like to reappear as the old Kirk, despite the death of the character in Star Trek Generations. He suggested the film canonize the novels where Kirk is resurrected, but Abrams argued, "You and I could come up with dozens of ways [to resurrect Kirk], but every way that we came up with felt like it was transparently fanboys trying to get Shatner in the movie."[44] Greg Grunberg, who is Abrams's "good luck charm", had to turn down a part in the film because he was busy doing another movie.[45] Abrams approached Timothy Olyphant for a part.[46]

]

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Mods can you modify the above post?? i've direct linked the pic kasi (tange) .
    or you can see the pic courtesy of impawards.com website (Internet Movie Awards (IMP) website).
    Last edited by Negus; March 25th, 2008 at 09:02 PM.

New Star Trek movie!!!