New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    baka "on the lot"

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    its not about robots, voltron didn't take place in present time.

the director really got everyone talking about the film. hopefully the hype would live up to the film.

im sure this isn't godzilla.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if this is indeed voltron..the defender of the universe...

ill throw a party for everyone! =P

this is what i wanted (as i have stated in the other thread about voltes 5<?>)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    got this from: http://www.farpointforums.com/showth...id=637&page=18

Quote:
    Gamera, Cloverfield / 1-18-08 Title?
    July 15, 2007 |
    More evidence continues to backup claims that the JJ Abram’s movie is a new Gamera film, originally from the Daiei Motion Picture Company who was bought by Kadokawa Herald Pictures. I am completely convinced that whether or not the movie is Gamera, it is definitely a movie from within the Daiei Motion Picture Company stable of films. Lets break this down:

We have all watched the 1-18-08 Trailer.

We have a picture of a dude wearing a Slusho T-shirt in the trailer.

The Slusho website history page mentions Noriko Yoshida and family, including Ryouta Yoshida and Ganu.

Tetsuro Yoshida (his last name might just happen to be Yoshida, but I doubt it) is the writer of Daimajin, also a Daiei Motion Pictures franchise.

The movie could be Daimajin, which apparently is also slated for a 2008 release, but it is being produced by takashi miike.

Daimajin is a huge stone statue that comes to life. He has a frightening angry expression on his face, green skin, Red eyeballs with yellow pupils and wears Samurai armor.

But here are the reasons why I believe its Gamera:

The monster apparently comes from undersea, with “the smallest whale” and the Noriko Yoshida painting clues.

The Daiei Motion Picture Company released many of its films during World War II so they have underlying nuclear weapon themes.

Sci-Fi writes the following about Gamera.

Gamera, like the Godzilla of a decade earlier, is a metaphorical response to the nuclear devastation Japan suffered in World War II and its aftermath. Gamera is also the turtle-of-the-cosmos and owes something to mythologies that state that the whole world rests upon the back of a huge tortoise. He is the legacy of nuclear folly, an unstoppable monster birthed from humanity’s tinkerings with the atom.

Other 1-18-08 clues allude to the apocalypse and the end of the world. See the anti-christ website. Some people are already calling this JJ Abram’s film the end of the world movie.

Then there is The Bloop. We previously stated that the article on CNN was possibly fake. The bloop is in fact, very very real. The US Navy setup sensors during the Cold War to track the movement of Soviet Submarines. Since then the sensors have been used for different purposes such as tracking earthquakes. However, in 1997 the senors detected a mysterious bloop which some scientists think are from a huge undersea animal.

The Bloop + The Cold War = nuclear weapons + giant sea creature = Gamera and JJ Abram’s 1-18-08 Cloverfield project.

Convince me otherwise. I’ll still leave the JJ Abram’s original motion picture idea open … but, if you still believe its a giant monster flick, its Gamera.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di ba Bad Robot ang title? Yan yung nakalagay dun sa parang end credits na nagflash sa screen at the end of the trailer.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oops mali, Bad Robot productions pala yun

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    puwede din Daimos, Tren na naging Robot

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    baka gobots the movie

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    hmmm I wonder what that is?

I'm guessing it's some sort of an enormous ugly beast who breathes fire, maybe the one who caused that bloop they're talking about. Seriously, I think it's Godzilla.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tagal pa, january 2008. looks interesting....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
mysterious movie trailer