New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    i am a fan and it's mostly because of juris' refreshing voice so i normally skip the songs in the cd that chin performs. however, i' not sure if this is good news

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/star/200910...p-dd408b0.html

Win some, lose some?
    It’s true.
    The other night, the duo M.Y.M.P. (Make Your Mama Proud) Juris Fernandez and Chin Alcantara won the top award for Group Artist of the Year at the first Philippine Movie Press Club (PMPC) Star Awards for Music held at the Sky Dome of SM North EDSA.
    It was a happy-sad victory for the duo who wasn’t present at the awards. Instead, it was talent manager Noel Ferrer who received the trophy on their behalf.
    “I was asked to do the honor by the manager of M.Y.M.P.,” said Noel. “The manager told me to get the trophy kung sakaling manalo ang M.Y.M.P.”
    Noel called up the manager to congratulate him and M.Y.M.P. and that’s when he got a little shocker.
    The manager thanked Noel and said, “Congrats sa album natin. Pero ‘yon na ang last nina Juris at Chin as a duo. Juris is going solo.”
    Sad, isn’t it? As the song goes, some good things never last...
    “Nalungkot ako,” sighed Noel.
    Funfare did some sleuthing and here’s what I dug up:
    Juris quit the duo after Chin “booted” her and her manager Carla Lozada out due to disagreement over an “exposure” in the A.S.A.P. Sessionista.
    Added Noel, “Juris is slated to launch her long-overdue solo album under Star Records, with five songs produced by Chin. The other original cuts were done by Jimmy Antiporda, Ryan Cayabyab and Gary Valenciano.”
    No, Juris won’t be using her M.Y.M.P. “connection” anymore.
    According to Noel, Chin told her, “Magkakamatayan tayo kapag ginamit n’yo ang pangalan ng M.Y.M.P. But what’s in a name? The people are after Juris’ voice, not so much the duo’s name. She will sound just as well even under another name.”
    But still, Juris and Chin still have commitments as a duo until end of this year and they will honor them, thank you.
    “Juris is excited about her new career as a solo artist,” assured Noel. “She’s looking forward to a happy brand-new year.”
    Meanwhile, Chin is looking for a new partner.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yung Chin ba yung gitarista ng MYMP?

Lakas naman nyang magsabi ng mga ganyang statements kay Juris. Sa totoo lang, si Juris lang naman ang may buhay sa duo nila. Gitarista lang siya, at ang magandang boses, galing kay Juris.

Juris can do it on her own. Sigurado kahit solo na siya, still a lot of people will patronize her songs.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009

Okay lang mag break up sila, huwag lang Side A Band, The Dawn, Bamboo. May pagkasintunado minsan si Juris, some of their covers are not the acoustic type of music we listen to, such as classic songs from James Taylor, Don Mc Lean, Carole King, Carly Simon, America, Bread, CSNY, Cat Stevens, Eric Clapton (Unplugged Sessions), Rod Stewart (MTV Unplugged).

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nickriingen View Post

Okay lang mag break up sila, huwag lang Side A Band, The Dawn, Bamboo. May pagkasintunado minsan si Juris, some of their covers are not the acoustic type of music we listen to, such as classic songs from James Taylor, Don Mc Lean, Carole King, Carly Simon, America, Bread, CSNY, Cat Stevens, Eric Clapton (Unplugged Sessions), Rod Stewart (MTV Unplugged).
    ...agree. I'll add True Faith to the list too.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    sacred ata sa kanya yung name MYMP galing sa mother niyang who had passed away.

parang yung sa hungry young poets hindi pinagamit kay barbie yung name nung umalis siya sa band.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    si Juris lang ang madalas kong naririnig kapag kumakanta ang MYMP at yung gitarista nila eh parang backup singer lang

baka mahihirapan ang MYMP ngayong umalis na si Juris.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Para yun lang nagalit na si Chin?

Palibhasa hindi sya marunong mag-look back at their humble beginnings si Chin. Hirap talaga ng swell head tsk tsk tsk.

Tama, si Juris ang attraction sa MYMP. Her voice is magical especially sa live performances.

Chin will regret this.

But then again good riddance for Juris.
    Last edited by Memphis Raines; November 3rd, 2009 at 04:44 PM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I also skip songs performed by Chin. Cool kasi ang voice ni Juris and sa kanya nabubuhay ang MYMP. Sana makakuha sila ng isa pang magaling na bagong singer.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Wifey has all of their albums.... Pinupuntahan pa naman namin ang mga gigs nila, basta't nandito sa SouthMM... Well....

8900:painting:

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I've long waited for this time....

Im sure juris will be just like nina....she will be more successful if she goes solo

pareho din silang inde natiis si chin..hehehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
mymp duo is breaking up