New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    From the director that brought you "300"...

Watchmen is a twelve-issue comic book limited series written by Alan Moore and illustrated by Dave Gibbons. Originally published by DC Comics as a monthly limited series from 1986 to 1987, it was later republished as a trade paperback, which popularized the "graphic novel" format. To date, Watchmen remains the only graphic novel to win a Hugo Award, and is also the only graphic novel to appear on Time Magazine's 2005 list of "the 100 best English-language novels from 1923 to the present."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen
    Last edited by Monseratto; July 26th, 2008 at 07:19 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yes. Anticipating this movie aside from the next X-men film. Next year pa ata ito.

Did some research...medyo complex ang storyline..i dunno if this can be given sufficient explanation in the movie..mukhang pang-intellectual ang dating..deals with the emotions, duality of nature, so-called "inner" demons, etc....not just a slam-bang type of action movie. In short, its DARK.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="5"]Watchmen [/SIZE]

Plot Summary:
    In a gritty and alternate 1985 the glory days of costumed vigilantes have been brought to a close by a government crackdown, but after one of the masked veterans is brutally murdered an investigation into the killer is initiated. The reunited heroes set out to prevent their own destruction, but in doing so discover a deeper and far more diabolical plot. Written by evan murphy

"Watchmen" is set in an alternate 1985 America in which costumed superheroes are part of the fabric of everyday society, and the "Doomsday Clock" - which charts the USA's tension with the Soviet Union - is permanently set at five minutes to midnight. When one of his former colleagues is murdered, the washed up but no less determined masked vigilante Rorschach sets out to uncover a plot to kill and discredit all past and present superheroes. As he reconnects with his former crime-fighting legion - a ragtag group of retired superheroes, only one of whom has true powers - Rorschach glimpses a wide-ranging and disturbing conspiracy with links to their shared past and catastrophic consequences for the future. Their mission is to watch over humanity... but who is watching the Watchmen?" Written by T-Hen

It's the 1980's and it's a different world. Superheroes have been outlawed, the only ones still in operation under direct control of the United States government. Suddenly, those heroes both still in action and retired find themselves targets by an unseen enemy, who wants to kill them one by one Written by Anonymous

A group of heroes, forced into retirement a decade before are called together once again to investigate the murder of one of their own. What they discover an age-old conspiracy to change the balance of power in a world not different from our own. Written by Kent Sanderson

An adaptation of Alan Moore's landmark comic book series, Watchmen is a story set in an alternative 1985, where the world is ticking closer to the brink of nuclear war, and a plot to eliminate a band of ex-crimefighters is instigated, but why? and by whom? It is up to two of those ex-crimefighters to investigate the plot that seems to go beyond the unthinkable.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409459/plotsummary

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just watched this movie last night. I gave it two thumbs up. :2thumbsup:

It's almost three hours long but as long as your butt and bladder holds, you won't notice the movie's length much because the storyline and plot is truly engaging.

A couple of suggestions if you are planning to watch this.
    -empty bladder before the movie starts.
    -choose a cinema with seats that are comfortable to you.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 10th, 2009 at 09:56 AM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i watched the movie last saturday, and what can i say? i'm sorry sir gh pero i disagree with two thumbs up. i find the movie boring, puro flashbacks. hindi ko rin maintindihan ang takbo ng story except sa last part. yung 2 kasama ko nga natulog halfway ng movie.

comments on the movie, very very brutal para sa mga bata, may :naughty2: scenes (eto lang part ang nagustuhan ko, hehehe...). no wonder na rated "R" pala siya. madami nanood pero hindi ako nagandahan

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It might be boring to others who might be expecting a more action oriented movie like Batman or Transformers but this was based on a graphic novel and the lengthy dialogues does betray this movie's origins.

It's a very anti-hero movie where even the "super-heroes" still have very human failings.

And like what "Testament11" mentioned, this movie is very brutal in the scenes where some of the people are killed especially the ones by Dr. Manhattan. Not for the easily squimish.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 10th, 2009 at 10:20 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    yun, yun ang naging kulang na ineexpect ko, the action scenes sir gh. pero yun nga, not the typical super hero film.

pero may ibang action scenes naman dun ah, yun :naughty2:! pero pansin ko parang some scenes there were deleted...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    the movie is not a typical hero villain story
    its more on conspiracy killing million and putting one hero to vain to save billions

halos nakatulog na rin ako nung pinanood ko hehehe did not expect the story to be like that

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    its a superhero movie and the superheroes don't any super powers (except one, and he's almost like a god)

went and watched it with my brother yesterday. two thumbs up for the both us. very good movie. i like it better than the dark knight. will probably go see it again this weekend.

"You people don't understand. I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with ME!"
    "No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."
    easily the most likeable character in the group. (but also the most psychotic)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Movie: WATCHMEN