New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

I got to watch this movie over the weekend and it was one of the WORST movies I have seen. I have watched "B" rated movies and movies made by the SciFy channel that have better production and direction.

Heck, even some **** movies I have watched had a better script!

The film cutting/sequencing of scene was as if done by a high school student on some old betamax machines. The characters' motivation were so fuzzy (at least the vampires' motivation is clear).

Heck! Even the "final" battled (note: in the night and raining) between the lead character played by Richard and the vampire "leader" was pathetic as well as the sudden cut into a end scene where Cristine says goodbye to Richard where is was suddenly in the middle of the morning and everything was dry including their clothes.

Probably the only reason why anyone would watch this movie is as an example if NOT what to do when making a movie.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 5th, 2009 at 04:59 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    lol haha. Sir that was brave of you to actually dare watch such film. Sorry for my rather harsh comment but Filipino shows (including those noon time shows) are generally a waste of time and money.

Richard Gutierrez FTW!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Reepicheep View Post
    lol haha. Sir that was brave of you to actually dare watch such film. Sorry for my rather harsh comment but Filipino shows (including those noon time shows) are generally a waste of time and money.

Richard Gutierrez FTW!
    Unfortunately for me, it was my date who suggested the movie. If it was up to me, I would have preferred to watch Jeniffer's Body.

gahhhh!!! ... what guys do in the name of lust .... este ... love!

obvious naman, basta mga gutierrez, mapa richard, ruffa, waste of money,

pan ******* lang yan!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What GH does for love indeed. I wouldn't even go out with someone interested in watching Patient X

I love Jessica Zafra's review of Patient X

The Low Expectations Movie of the Week is Patient X, directed by Yam Laranas, starring Richard Gutierrez and Cristine Reyes. It exceeded my expectations: It’s a riot!

Richard (The Nestle Twins are back!) is a doctor whose family was eaten by aswang. We know he’s a doctor because he’s always defibrillating someone, and we know he’s serious because his expression says, “I am acting so hard right now.” Twenty years later he is summoned to his hometown by the police who have arrested one of the aswang, Cristine. We know she’s an aswang because she hasn’t aged in 20 years, and we know she’s a ***y star because before she eats people she rubs up against them.

Angry policeman TJ Trinidad has been trying to figure out how to kill her; his attempts to electrocute, burn, and shoot her are conducted in a hospital, which violates every code of medical ethics known to man. (Their excuse: She’s not human.) Cristine has been calling for Retchard because she wants to apologize for having his family eaten by her family when he was a little boy, and now TJ wants Retchard to get her to reveal how aswangs can be killed. Like she’s going to tell them.

Meanwhile Cristine’s family led by the head aswang who looks like a young Peque Gallaga (except that Peque’s horror movies were actually scary—see manananggal chasing Vice Mayor Herbert Bistek in the woods) is trying to break into the hospital, and we know they’re aswang because they growl like rabid dogs (No! Not Old Yeller! Huhuhu).

So the aswang try knocking on the door pretending to need medical assistance. . .and Richard opens the door! Major mayhem ensues, and I hope you bring your night vision goggles because the projector at SM Megamall needs a new bulb or something.
    Best review overheard in SM Megamall: “Kawawa naman si Cristine, binaha na nga, napunta pa sa pelikulang ‘to.” (Poor Cristine, bad enough her house was flooded but she has to be in this movie.)

I suddenly remembered that Sesame Street cartoon Cowboy X. Cowboy X, yee-haa! marks everyone in Sniddler’s Gulch with X’s so the desperate populace turns to a little boy who asks him politely to stop marking the town with X’s. “Why shore,” says Cowboy X, “From now on I’ll be known as Cowboy O!” And the citizens of Sniddler’s Gulch were happy, because they weren’t really very bright.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by innoBOB[09JmtG] View Post
    obvious naman, basta mga gutierrez, mapa richard, ruffa, waste of money,

pan ******* lang yan!
    Not even ******* worthy... that is how bad it is. :puke1:

^hehe. kahit kasi alang kuwentang movie pinag tototrrent ko, at baka dumating ang oras na ity mapanuod, kahit ng ibang tao man

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    ang harsh niyo naman. after all, andito naman si Christine Reyes. :bwahaha:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Taken from: http://www.clickthecity.com/movies/?p=6194

- About halfway through my viewing of Patient X, I had already compiled a rather long list of stray observations about the movie. I think these observations paint a better picture of what the experience of this movie is like, so in lieu of a regular review, here is that list, as best as I can remember it.

- But first, a quick synopsis: twenty years ago, Lucas (Richard Gutierrez) witnessed the death of his family at the hands of a group of aswang who were looking for Guada (Cristine Reyes). In present day, he’s a doctor working in Manila. He’s called back to his hometown by a police detective whose family has also been slaughtered, claiming that he’s captured the killer. The captive turns out to be Guada, who begs forgiveness from Lucas. Lucas is tasked with figuring out how to kill these aswang, who are on their way to the hospital where Guada is being held to retrieve her.

- RGUTZ is a registered trademark.

- Guada is claiming that she no longer wants to eat humans. This is very much undermined by the fact that she just ate the police detective’s wife and child.

- She’s really sorry, though, so I guess that makes it okay.

- These aswang, despite supposedly being super strong, agile, and fast enough to disappear from plain slight, aren’t very good at killing people.

- Seriously, it takes them forever to kill one person.

- Lucas’ training as a doctor appears to only have covered defibrillation.

- Richard Gutierrez has confused overacting with intensity. They are not the same thing.

- Yam Laranas’ visuals are pretty good, but his shot logic is all out of whack. Some of these sequences make absolutely no sense.

- The big mystery of the film is how to kill the aswang. They make it very clear that TJ Trinidad’s character has been trying very hard to figure this out. Once the answer to this mystery is revealed, it seems ridiculous that TJ Trinidad hadn’t tried it already. That just makes him look stupid.

- That totally looked like he pulled his heart out of his stomach. That is not where the heart is located.

- Parents, if your child is on a ventilator, and the power goes out, fanning her won’t solve the problem.

- I’m no medical expert, but defibrillation probably won’t solve the problem either, Doctor Lucas. She was on a machine that was helping her breathe. She wasn’t suffering from arrhythmia.

- Most obvious medical opinion ever: if she wakes up, that’s a good sign.

- Che Ramos is quickly becoming one of my favorite actresses, but she has made a major misstep here.

- This is one of those films where phones don’t exist. They can’t exist, because if they did, the normal human response would be to call for more help, and not locking yourself inside a hospital with barely any weapons.

- I feel it must be said again that Laranas is a great cinematographer.

- Folks, when you’re trying to escape from aswang, you might want to try and sneak quietly towards the already open doors. Do not loudly break down a closed door, and loudly pry open the steel bars covering the windows. That’s just asking for trouble.

- The movie is almost over, and I know nothing about these characters other than their jobs. I don’t know why I’m supposed to care about any of them. They’re all very unlikable people. I think I’m supposed to feel sympathy for Guada. It’s just hard, because despite saying she doesn’t want to eat people, she’s EATEN PEOPLE.

- I’m supposed to care about Lucas, too, but he’s the kind of idiot who leaves a kid locked inside a car with a window cracked open just wide enough for an aswang arm to get through. He even put a seatbelt on her, to make sure it’s more difficult for her to get away. I tend not to care about people like that.

- Patient X is the kind of horror movie that only works if you can forgive the characters for being extremely stupid. The story makes so little sense that only the most stray of thoughts can fully reflect the blatant illogic present in every minute of this film. The best thing I can say about it is that it occasionally looks really good, Yam Laranas still showing great skill in creating well-composed images. But the recommendation stays the same: quarantine the patient, and lock it away forever. It might be contagious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Movie: PATIENT X