New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fast lane View Post
    apparently there was no mentioning about rachel weisz, since her character is now done by maria bello
    Rachel Weisz declined to do this movie because of the shooting schedule, which requires her to stay in China for 3 months. She said that she couldn't do it because of family matters.

Quote Originally Posted by roninblade
    anybody seen this yet? di ata maganda reviews online.
    I have - a day before it was released... that's why I posted a mini write-up. Hehe.

Don't mind those *critics*, it's a an action/comedy movie for crying out loud - not a candidate for the Oscars.

bigbigcar.com Comparison: Hyunda Veracruz versus Mazda CX9

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Daming magagandang palabas a, di ko tuloy alam kung ano ang uunahin ko, Batman o ito

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I may watch it if Maria Bello captures Rachel Weisz' character. Evelyn is a rather unique character which lent itself well in the first 2 Mummy movies.

Meh. I may watch it anyway if I don't have much baby doo-doo duties at home.

Given a choice..... I preferred the Mummy movies over say, the Indiana Jones movies.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    love the mummy series, never fails to give you that adventure stir=)

ok mummy 3 kesa dark knight

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Para sa akin,- iba ang pagkaka-portray ng character by Rachel Weisz....

Sa ating mga Pinoy,- nothing beat the original....

6505:Bath:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Saw the movie last Sunday with the kids!

I had my initial apprehensions because of the bad review given in Inquirer. Plus a more major issue is Rachel Weisz not being in the movie. Her character and herself is one of the pillars to the success of the Mummy franchize.

Since I had a low expectation going into the movie house, I enjoyed the film. Although I sorely missed Rachel, but Evy is not a major character for this movie. I am not sure if they toned it down because Rachel was not portraying it anymore. As mentioned in a lot of reviews, the chemistry between Rick and Evy O'Connell (Brandon and Rachel) was not evident in the film unlike in Mummy Returns. Maria Bello only did so-so job portraying Evy. (sorry but I am a big fan of Rachel)

The other peeve that I have here is that I did not like the acting of the Luke Ford who was portraying the adult Alex O'Connell. He was very boring which is sad because his character was critical to the film.

Other than this, I enjoyed the film especially for its CG effects and fast paced action. I definitely would recommend you to watch this.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i miss rachel weisz

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Napanood ko ito last sunday, maganda naman ang movie, mas magaling nga si Rachel mag portray na Evelyn siguro sa kasanayan na natin na sya ang partner ni Brendan

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    i just watched it yesterday sa market-market, masasabi ko na mas ok to compared sa dark knight na garalgal ang boses..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    It's predictable since I watched the first two. Still it was a good movie but I feel that it needs something more... some scenes were too fast paced and true, character development of zi yuan needs smoe more screen time and rachel is not anymore evelyn... well I just prefer rachel being evelyn again.

DOn't be bothered by the critics just watch the movie but don't expect too much.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Movie: The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor