New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First posted here:
    http://www.bigbigcar.com/boards/Defa...=posts&m=16205

Indiana Jones... who doesn't know that name? Well... maybe a few million young uns who didn't have the chance to watch any of the three feature films bearing his name in the 1980s.

But the good news is... he's back after almost 20 years! Coincidentally, the storyline is set 20 years after the Last Crusade (post World War II). Indy has aged a LOT and punchlines throughout the movie hints at that every now and. But then, Harrison Ford is still Harrison Ford - and like wine he ages gracefully. His character has still that glint in the eye that hints of adventure and spontaneity.

Although a few minutes into the film and you'll know that this is Indiana Jones' take on the science fiction, deviating from the religious theme (Lost Ark & Last Crusade) that has played well before.

Indy now has new enemy... his favorite whipping boy, the Nazis are nowhere to be found but was replaced by the equally cold-hearted and stone-faced Cold War era Soviets. Cate Blanchett played the character well although I feel that her character was too one-sided and boxed-in.

With a new enemy, he gets a new sidekick as well in the form of Mutt Williams... a greaser who after all has some Indy blood in him.

Anyway... barring spoilers... the movie as expected is action packed from start to finish. Among all the action sequences only the Tarzan imitation by Mutt Williams is left lacking and ponderous. Yes - there were also a few cliche moments but it was forgivable. Very young kids also might have a hard time understanding the plot (Kung Fu Panda is next in line - woo!).

Overall, the movie is great and I recommend a trip to the nearest movie theater this weekend.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Watching this tonight with my friends.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    My ******* program is now firing at all cylinders, just don't know kung ok quality kung hindi ok then I might as well go to the cinemas...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    May napikon daw na mga Russians sa film na ito......

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Not bad, basta don't expect too much from it. Plenty of action (most of it more unbelievable that the first). Also the plot has a lot to do with Spielberg's fondness for ETs.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just watched it this afternoon, to be honest hinde ko masyadong gusto....nostalgia lang siguro kaya medyo ok pa rin....

it is expected naman na yun mga part 4 eh hinde na masyadong maganda...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Thanks for the insight bros.

I am watching this movie with wife and kids anytime this week(day) - para kaunti ang mga taong nanunood....

(My teenage kid is actually egging me on, to watch this today.....)

6110:pepsi:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Napanood ko ito kagabi, ok naman sya

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    the scene in the sand pit was hilarious :lol:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Movie: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull