New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Freedom entails responsibility. First and foremost to God, then Country and Fellowmen.

The media men were into this high wire act. They're on the borderline already.

Media should strive to promote nation-building.

4606:rock:

media should report unbiased news and strive to know the truth, not just to be right for the day but to be truly righteous.

problema kasi, like our politicians, kanya-kanyang personal agenda ang mga media reporters.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    IMO, the detainment until proper identification of all individuals within the hotel during the raid was actually valid on a strategic level considering the chaotic nature of well...a raid.

Take note, the rebels (I consider them that because they were armed at the time) were in disguise even before the takeover. So if the police were lax in allowing individuals to leave, even more rebels would be able to slip past by. As things stand, three of them already escaped (Yeah, I know... 'handang mamatay' my *$$).

And while there an unnecessary rough handling of the mediamen...

...call me crazy, but somehow, I could understand the sentiments of the erring policemen. The media were told countless times to leave the premises because of the impending military operation, but they did not heed the warning. Sino ba ang hindi maiinis sa mga pasaway, di ba?

Then again, I could also understand why the media people insisted on staying there. Assuming that the media's intention were, indeed, noble, their presence could, all in all, prevent the authorities from doing anything abusive or illegal during the operation.

I guess what's grating for us all is the amount of airtime ABS-CBN is devoting to the so-called 'manhandling' of reporters and crew at the scene. They're being cry-babies over the entire thing.

Kesyo ginamitan daw ng pantali sa bagahe o sa pagpakita ng higpit ng pagkatali... or even the way some of them raise their tied-up hands in the air when they were being herded into the bus...

They chose to be uncooperative to the authorities in the first place, and when you're found at the scene of a crime (or in this case, a rebelion), you should expect to at least be brought to the police station for questioning.

It's because of these self-serving actions that most of us doubt the media's noble intentions at the time. They should just carry on with their real duties to the people without putting into the spotlight the small matter of shabby police treatment. Yan ang totoong serbisyo sa bayan.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Nung panahon ni Marcos talagang silenced ang media. Nung nawala si Macoy, ang nangyari naman para silang mga nakawala sa Corral, naging-OA naman ang "press freedom" nila. Hay...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Mga paimportante talaga. Tapos sasabihin nila nga yong pag aresto ng mga mamahayag "will send a chilling effect to the media"! Bweset talaga. Eh nung kaharap nila yong posibling mabaril sila di nga sila natakot, yong aarestuhin pa kaya? Diyos me! Oh well, Korina is preparing herself to be the first lady.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    sana nga we could vent out lahat ng inis natin sa ABS on how they are treating the media arrest incident hehehe para malaman nila na d tayo mauuto sa mga ramblings nila....

idaan kaya natin sa 7...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi View Post
    Nung panahon ni Marcos talagang silenced ang media. Nung nawala si Macoy, ang nangyari naman para silang mga nakawala sa Corral, naging-OA naman ang "press freedom" nila. Hay...
    from repressed media to extortionists. kawawa naman talaga ang pinas. wala bang media watchdog? ano ba talaga ang role ng KBP?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Pasalamat na lang sila hindi sila ni-rape

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by flex View Post
    sana nga we could vent out lahat ng inis natin sa ABS on how they are treating the media arrest incident hehehe para malaman nila na d tayo mauuto sa mga ramblings nila....

idaan kaya natin sa 7...
    Baka po pwede mag-open letter tayo dito o mag demo laban sa ABS-CBN.

Akala na nila diyos sila pero nakalimot na ba tayo na may namatay po sa Wowowee?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What a bunch of cry babies. I totally understand what the police did that night since may mga rebels talaga na nagpapanggap na civilians. Sorry na lang na nadamay sila. They didn't understand that and napaka dramatic sila na akala nila na persecuted sila.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    feeling showbiz ang media sa atin they bark and bark and when you hit them they cry foul... aholes!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Media interfere with police operation. Are they above the law?