New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    napaWOW ang mga koreano sa galing ni charice... a 15 year old pinay... another pinay idol on youtube

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2yja41tie0"]YouTube - Seen on Ellen Degeneres Show-Charice Pempengco from Manila[/ame]

she also made her first appearance in North America at The Ellen Degeneres Show

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VshobjGAMI"]YouTube - Charice Pempengco * The Ellen Degeneres Show[/ame]

go go charice, make your country proud

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5TafXFYCYg&watch_response"]YouTube - Charice Pempengco on The Ellen Degeneres Show(FULL)[/ame]

eto yung kumpletong clip sa youtube, sa boses at "attitude" sa pag kanta ok maganda, birit kung birit ang hirit ni charice me halong r&b pa.

what i dont like is the way she talks during the interview, if you notice she has this trying hard english twang, if she forego with this unnecessary twang shell soar greater heights!

kung ikaw ay pinoy wag mong ikahiya, ipagmalaki mo, i never heard leah salonga talks with twang in her tongue, her diction is straight n audible and that is one pinoy english that are well appreciated by the world, malinis ang pagbigkas natin ng english, walang sabi, hindi dapat conyotic, hindi kelangang tunog kano o tunog hudyo(which i think are better counding english) mas maganda ang tunog pinoy, english na walang punto, english na maiintindihan saan ka man bansa magpunta=)

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    she sounded a bit chinese. hehe. well, at least she tried. she sang good too. way to go! ellen said that the US was a lot different from where charice came from. duh! oh well. it really is.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    she has a good voice quality. ok na ok ang range ng boses niya.

yoko lang yung masyado niya ginagaya yung original songs. parang pang matanda na boses niya when in fact bata pa siya.

sana matutunan niya maging orig when performing. bata pa naman siya so dami pang time.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    galing! naka 20x ko na atang pinapanood sa youtube ung guesting nya sa Star King with Suju(Super Junior)

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post

yoko lang yung masyado niya ginagaya yung original songs. parang pang matanda na boses niya when in fact bata pa siya.
    it's what makes her great. kung bata ang boses niya, she won't make it in the US

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc View Post

what i dont like is the way she talks during the interview, if you notice she has this trying hard english twang, if she forego with this unnecessary twang shell soar greater heights!

kung ikaw ay pinoy wag mong ikahiya, ipagmalaki mo, i never heard leah salonga talks with twang in her tongue, her diction is straight n audible and that is one pinoy english that are well appreciated by the world, malinis ang pagbigkas natin ng english, walang sabi, hindi dapat conyotic, hindi kelangang tunog kano o tunog hudyo(which i think are better counding english) mas maganda ang tunog pinoy, english na walang punto, english na maiintindihan saan ka man bansa magpunta=)
    be a little merciful she is just 15 years old.

as to leah salonga, there are actually many times that she was imitating american accent during interviews when she was younger during her miss saigon days at broadway and british accent too when she was performing in london's west end

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc View Post

shes trying to sound like an american when she speaks english?i dont see anything wrong with that.
    trying hard on english twang?thats not a twang at all.thats her trying to speak right english and when your trying to speak right english in an english speaking country,you have to imitate how they talk so itll be clearer for the receiving crowd.
    lets be honest here.pinoy english accent is very different from american accent.what you think is clean and audible pinoy english is kinda hard to understand for americans.pinoys that i know that moved here even admits that its not because they wanna sound classy by speaking english like the americans but its easier for them to communicate with americans.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee View Post
    shes trying to sound like an american when she speaks english?i dont see anything wrong with that.
    trying hard on english twang?thats not a twang at all.thats her trying to speak right english and when your trying to speak right english in an english speaking country,you have to imitate how they talk so itll be clearer for the receiving crowd.
    lets be honest here.pinoy english accent is very different from american accent.what you think is clean and audible pinoy english is kinda hard to understand for americans.pinoys that i know that moved here even admits that its not because they wanna sound classy by speaking english like the americans but its easier for them to communicate with americans.
    I agree. I can't tell if she's "imitating" or not. Personally, it doesn't matter to me. So long as I can understand what she's saying. I have no idea how she'd speak english in RP. So, it's not in me to judge her way of speaking. The most important thing is that she's got a great gift in her voice.

Gee. If Pinoys heard my english, I wonder how they'd think. I speak with a slow, southern drawl. Actually, Pinoys here have heard me speak and they always thought I'm Hispanic (my preference for and skill in futbol doesn't help either) until I say, "Pare, kumusta! or Uy, mare!" . It's amusing to see newcomer Pinays whispering (bulong-bulong?) to my wife's friends when they see me. Of course, it wasn't too long ago when my wife's friends also bulong-bulong to my wife. "Oh, we didn't know you married a Mexican".

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    *jun aka pekto...
    same here man..lol3 of my best friends didnt know i understand alot of pinoy words so when they first met me,they always talked to me in english.
    we went to visit my parents in new orleans and they noticed how my parents talked to me in tagalog and i answered the m with the right words(tho still in english) and they all just freaked out.
    they started telling me how hard it was for them to hold a conversation with me and wished they knew i understand tagalog before.
    i kinda talk fast.dont have any southern accent at all.chicago is one of the states(if not the only one) where people dont have an accent at all not like texas,california,new york,atlanta or worse, boston.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Koreans napaWOW ni Charice Pempengco, next the WORLD