New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    "Joe Satriani is suing Coldplay for music plagiarism for the Verse section of their song, "Viva La Vida," - claiming that the Chorus of his 2005 song, "If I Could Fly," has the same; melody, harmony & rhythm."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEGGFJLpbu4"]YouTube - Did Coldplay copy Joe Satriani? Let's Do the Music Theory...[/ame]

I think Coldplay did not intentionally copy the work of Joe Satriani. But its up for the court to decide.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I just listened to Coldplay's song. I have listened to Joe's songs and listened to "If I Could Fly" again... intentionally or not. sana hindi nalang pumato si Idol Joe.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, sana nga hinayaan na lang niya. ang dami naman ng nangyayaring ganyan, as long as hindi full song ginaya. hehe

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    yung ginawa ng orange and lemons sa Pinoy Big Brother, yung ang dapat e-sue. The Irony of proud pinoy lyrics na ginaya ang music note by note.

may naririnig din akong kanta ni willie by lito kamo that sounds like beatles "Hey Jude" first stanza.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    no mga pards. copyright notoriously becomes a big issue when you're dealing with big returns. i'm sure galit din kayo if someone else got promoted at your workplace bec of your smart idea, while at the same time you got fired bec of ineptitude.

reminded me of ze french vs pixar over a fishy issue (borrowed images from web)

character design looked different (hey I can do that) however the likeness of the concept/story looked similar. creating the original design, sets and characters is done only after outlining (or allegedly copying) the original concept.

it might be possible that uncle joe's tune, or most of its elements could've instead been "re-cycled" by coldplay due to its uncanny resemblance. nevertheless talo ang case ni uncle joe due to technicalities in current laws.

Joe Satriani vs Coldplay