New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    THE Vatican's chief exorcist yesterday claimed the Harry Potter stories could lead children into Satanism.

Father Gabriele Amorth said: "You start off with Harry Potter, who comes across as a likeable wizard, but you end up with the Devil.

"There is no doubt that the signature of the Prince of Darkness is clearly within these books."

Father Amorth, 80, who has carried out more than 3000 exorcisms since 1986, said: "By reading Harry Potter a young child will be drawn into magic and from there it is a simple step to Satanism and the Devil."

The series of books, whose popularity with children has made millions for author JK Rowling, has already been criticised by Pope Benedict XVI.

Three years ago, before becoming Pope, he said the character was a bad influence because the stories contained "seductions which act unnoticed and by this deeply distort Christianity in the soul, before it can grow properly".

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BB... should i break out the popcorn? :D i feel this will escalate into another religious thread heehee

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    haha it would be funnier if JK Rowling is a follower of satanism or something like that.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Sigh... Popcorn nanaman? :worried:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    may stock pa pala popcorn? hehe bad JK Rowling?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Why does creativity be it in music, movies, arts, literature is always associated with satanism?

Are we really that dumb nowadays?

What's next?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    How ironic, considering that the late Pope John Paul II honored Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling by describing her as "Christian by conviction... Christian in her mode of living, even in her way of writing". A Vatican spokesman even said Pope John Paul II approved of the Harry Potter books, saying, "They help children to tell the difference between good and evil."

The John Paul-era Vatican clearly saw the Harry Potter books as nothing more than children's fiction. The current leadership is, sad to say, not as enlightened.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pero mga chong, if you think of this meron talagang possibility Just a thought.

For those of you old enough, do you remember D&D?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    * PK
    i used to play D&D
    even as an adult, my last game was 4 years ago with my then-bosses lol :D

i think that the vatican is ....*roll dice*... overreacting to jk rowling :D

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Yeah, and you could hear the devil speak when you play records backwards. Sheesh!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Harry Potter could lead to Satanism