New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Greetings everyone!

I've just discovered your site and always find it when I link up with other car enthusiasts from around the globe.

I live in Canada, in the Ottawa (our nation's capital) area and I own a '91 Nissan Fairlady Z Twin Turbo, which I've imported from Japan a couple of years ago.

I love cars! And one of my favourite hobbies is collecting car magazines from around the world.

I'm sure in the Philippines, there must be a number of car magazines available. Could someone post links or mailing addresses for Filipino car magazines for me, please?

Alternatively, a question for your Canadian/Filipino contingent (there must be a few here!), are there any Filipino car magazines available in the Toronto area perhaps?

Any info would be great!

Cheers!

BG

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The two most prominent local magazines are C! (www.c-magazine.com) and the local edition of Top Gear (www.topgear.com.ph). Both are pretty okay by my standards. I'm not sure if there are any others I missed...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I read both magazines though you'll notice that c-magazine have evolved into an international filipino car magazine. while the top gear is really for local audience. Hope this helps

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For online car magazines there's

www.motioncars.com

and

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Online, there's motioncars.com, bigbigcar.com (new) and autoindustriya.com.

Motioncars is of good quality (they've been doing this a long time), autoindustriya is okay (I find their reviews kind of brief), and bigbigcar is... well... I can't tell... baka sabihing mayabang ako... ...read it and tell me what you think of us...

There used to be motorista.com.ph, but it's dead. There's also kotse.com, but it's still under re-development.

Locally, in print, we have C-magazine (good, but sometimes bland) and Top Gear Philippines (some good reviews, but editorial direction and content is erratic), as well as Rev (quarterly, so-so quality).

We used to have Tech&Tuner and Evo Philippines, but they folded up and were re-integrated into C!.

If you can find back editions of Evo Philippines, buy them. There are just 25 issues, but they're all sweet. Some of the best local content ever, and it doesn't hurt that it's mixed with some choice content from Evo UK. Evo Philippines also features quite a few firsts and exclusive test drives... they were the first major print outlet to drive the Venturi Fetish, the Apollo Gumpert and various other exotic cars. Mixed in with this is local content featuring classic sportscars and enthusiast cars.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Thanks everyone!

I'll try my luck and see if I can get a copy of C and/or Top Gear (Pinoy style ) sent up to the chilly Great White North...where I say the first snow of the season today.

Cheers!

BG

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    OT lang,

I remember during the late 80's there was a local car mag called Cars+Value, newsprint nga lang yung paper na gamit dito, I think this mag was on sale for about 2 or 3 years then nawala na lang. Then came Automotion tapos nawala din eventually, after that C! na ata yung sumunod.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    too bad though, because C! used to be everyone's favorite, and i think it still is, but now almost all the issues are bland. the Average Joe in the Phillipines won't be able to relate to all the US test-drives. They're great, but senseless to the average folk. Only consolation: James Deakin.

Top Gear Philippines is by far the more car-centered mag. Thinner, cheaper, strange editorials, but more enjoyable to read. More car content. Music, Tech, Videogames, movies, and books featured in the latter part of the magazine are all realated to cars.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    wala na ko makitang C! magazine ngayon! or should i say, bihira nalang ako makakita

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Still out there... distribution problem lang, kaya not all outlets have it.

And if foreign tests are an issue, the last three or four issues have had mega comparos of local cars... from superminis to compacts. Still not perfect, but the mojo is coming back.
    Last edited by niky; December 15th, 2008 at 09:55 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Filipino car magazines?