New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    A strong letter from a lawyer perhaps.

Reminds me of The Runaway Bride, where Julia Roberts' character got Richard Geere's character fired because of inaccuracy in his report.

2. FrankDrebin Guest
    Expect a lot of DOMs to drop-by.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Dave, mukhang from a feminist group yung nagsulat. Kung gusto niya ng equal rights for women, sa susunod na stop light tv event mga topless macho men in maong shorts naman ang maglilinis ng auto.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    It seems to be one of the photos i took during that Stoplight event at Big Bert's. The article should clarify that it was a promotional event only. Besides, other car wash shops have done similar events.

Are these grounds for Libel? Re: the Ara Mina resto report.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Eto kasi ang issue:

1) It wasn't even our promotional event. It was Stoplight TV's and they just wanted to use our venue.
    2) It wasn't even our contractors (the models), we don't even know their names and if the author was there, I'd be surprised if he/she could snap a pic or video that I've (or Vince) even approached them directly during the whole event. I was too busy playing with my son and talking to forum friends and Vince was busy working at the shop since may pending work pa kami dun ng mga ipapasok sa show na oto.

Libel ba tawag dito?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    our news media is never known for its accuracy.

its always when u are involved in a news story when u really see and experience how inaccurate and wreckless the media is in reporting.
    Last edited by uls; June 26th, 2006 at 03:18 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    AFAIK in libel there should be proof of malice and it should be proved beyond reasonable doubt because its a criminal charge.

perhaps a damage suit based on their code of ethics? http://www.comcentrum.ph/observatory...sts%20code.pdf

never came across a precedent though..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wet and wild car wash

Car-loving males have found another excuse to have their fancy four-wheeled babies washed more regularly. At the Big Bert’s Car Wash in Ortigas Home Depot, cars are not the only ones being taken care of. Owners, too, are treated to a different kind of entertainment.

Instead of malnourished and greasy men, ***y gals in skimpy shorts and navel-exposing tops are shampooing and waxing fancy cars. Owners, on the other hand, can only feast their eyes on these girls from a distance as they’re not allowed to touch.

We don’t know sponge bath is offered after the shop has closed, though. You just have to go there to find out. We have a strong feeling that the owner must have watched too many American movies in his younger years. —GLibarios
    The last paragraph is JUST downright nasty.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    si Vince siguro nasty, ako bait bait ko eh... don't even like movies hehehehehe.

The actual article photo is quite large, 2 photos actually, eto yung kasama nya...

na nakacrop (di kita yung oto ni carlo halos)...

mga 1/4 of a centerfold page ang mga pics, i have the actual copy.
    Last edited by theveed; June 26th, 2006 at 03:22 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
False info published by newspaper.