New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Napansin ko nga pag may natural calamity takot si nonoy. Naalala ko yung baha dati takot matamaan ng ihi ng daga. Ang matatapang naman na leader sa calamity at effective si bayani fernando and rodrigo duterte. Si gordon minsan nakakaduda intentions.

Direk Peque Gallaga rages against President Aquino over alleged slow relief efforts | Showbiz | GMA News Online

Kinumpirma ng isang malapit kay Peque Gallaga na ang direktor nga ang tunay na may-akda ng artikulong lumabas sa social media.

Sa artikulong ito ay nagpahayag ng kanyang pagkadismaya ang 70-year-old film director sa aniya'y mabagal na pagtulong ng pamahalaan sa mga biktima ng super typhoon Yolanda.

Matitindi ang mga salitang pinakawalan ni Peque laban kay President Noynoy Aquino.

May patutsada rin ang direktor sa iba pang mga personalidad, gaya ni Department of Interior and Local Government Secretary Mar Roxas, at broadcasters na sina Ted Failon at Korina Sanchez.

Ayon sa direktor, ang mga lider ng ating bansa at hindi ang bagyong si Yolanda ang tunay na kalaban ng mga Pilipino.

Si Peque ang direktor ng mga sumusunod na critically-acclaimed films: Oro, Plata, Mata (1982), Scorpio Nights (1985), Unfaithful Wife (1986), Once Upon A Time (1986), at Isang Araw Walang Diyos (1989).

Narito ang kabuuang pahayag ni Peque:

“Not since Marcos have we as a people been so polarized.

"As far as our hearts and minds are concerned, it’s like we’re in the edge of a civil war.

"We are forced to take a hard look at ourselves and what we value.

“Because of this, we are fighting friends in coffee houses, on the telephone, and on Facebook.

"We are a people whose lives have been upended.

"We don’t know what to do to get things done right and right away. We lash out.

“We insult our leaders trying to get them to do a lot more than to pose for photo ops—of giving out relief goods on a one-by-one basis.

"We cry desperately for demonstrable government response—we get almost next to nothing.

“It is increasingly apparent that local media goes hand in hand with self-servicing Malacañang press releases, which are more concerned with their showbiz image than confronting, accepting, and dealing with the problem.

“What our leaders tell us is contradicted by the reports from international commentators, who are understandably more objective and growing less dispassionate as they witness the horrors around them.

"What our leaders tell us is also contradicted by the victims in these areas who are slowly able to give us the true picture of the realities of the situation.

“And the reality is that people are starving.

"The dead still lie on the streets even five days after the event.

"There are anguished souls scavenging for whatever they can to survive, as well as professional looters ambushing the helpless and relief caravans.

"It’s a war zone out there.

“This disaster has affected, not only the islands in the path of Yolanda, but all of us as a nation. We have all been judged and found wanting.

"But more worrisome, is that we take a long hard look at our leaders and we judge and we find them wanting.

"It is worrisome because we have chosen them and are paying them to serve the needs of our nation and it seems that they can’t deliver.

“I don’t think that anybody, even the most criminal politician, can be that hard-hearted and close his eyes to this calamity, so I can only surmise that they don’t know what to do.

"That they are impotent and incompetent.

“I am 70 years old and I don’t know what to do, but then again, I didn’t run for office promising the voters that I would take care of national concerns.

“I am a private citizen and like most of my fellow citizens, have given of what I have to the relief effort. I have given to the point of hurting.

"I am 70 years old and have been stupid a lot of times for seven decades.

“I want to think that I can be a little less stupid now.

"This time, I want to make sure that my hard-earned money will reach its intended goal.

"I am sick and tired of throwing away my money; of making our politicians wealthy because of my unconcern and my inattention.

"I am sick and tired of my stupidity.

“So I very much care now where all this help is going.

"I read Marvin Xanth Geronimo who was there when Yolanda struck: that TV personalities and politicians like Mar Roxas and Ted Failon going to Tacloban for the photo op.

"They never helped; endless tracking video shots of flattened towns with people walking clutching a plastic bottle of water with no government presence whatsoever; Korina Sanchez calling Anderson Cooper “misinformed.”

"Cooper was in Tacloban. Korina was not; the US landing 5 planes full of goods and not allowing any politicians to touch any of it.

“How much more do we need for us to realize that the enemy was not Yolanda? Yolanda was just a force of nature.

"The enemy is our leaders. And the leader of our leaders is the President.

“So what now? There’s nothing I can actually do. I can only rage, rage against the dying of common decency.

“I can only rage against this man who claimed in a Christiane Amanpour interview that he couldn’t get to the disaster areas because the weather after the storm left didn’t permit him to fly.

"This is 24 hours after the sun was shining all over the Philippines by then.

"I can only rage against a man who made light of the tragedy, refusing to identify it as a major disaster; who made light of a victim of looting who was shot at by telling him, 'But you did not die, right?'

"I rage against a man who continually blames the LGU’s on the ground for their incompetence and their inefficiency, because it is beginning to dawn on me that these Visayan LGUs happen to be Romualdez people, and this man is playing politics with people’s lives.

“This is a crime. What this man does is unconscionable.

"I can only state it here. I can do nothing about it for now.

"I will wait for whatever movement develops after this fiasco and I will join it.

"But for now, what I can do is to declare that I am deeply offended by the people who try to stop me and others from stating the obvious.

“All those people who charge us for criticizing, for being negative, for Aquino bashing—I am done with these people.

"In a very Yellow Army way, they try to hide behind an illogical argument that we cannot help if we criticize.

"I don’t know how good these friends are at multi-tasking, but one does not cancel out the other.

“We can help and we can criticize.

"And at this point, I am convinced that we do help when we criticize; if at one point we can, as Hamlet says, 'catch the conscience of the king.'

"But I know that this is futile. This man is no king.

"He is not even a real representative.

"What can you expect from someone who never worked an honest day in his life? What could he possibly relate to?

“So my friends who accuse me of Aquino bashing: I want you to know that I’m done with your line of thinking.

"Either you defend this man or you defend the people that this man is ignoring.

"Don’t believe that the people are his 'boss.'

“This was a piece of advertising sound byte created by showbiz experts to get the unthinking masses out there to swallow this uniquely unqualified man.

"This man who is totally unprepared for the most difficult job in the country.

“So my friends, as far as I’m concerned, you choose him or you choose the people.

"But if you instruct me again to stop bashing this man, I am unfriending you.

"I will unfriend you in Facebook, on Twitter, on Instagram, and out in our leaderless streets.”

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Sana nga lang talaga mabasa to ni Pnoy ano tsaka yan tuta niyang si Mar.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Magaling lang pumuna.

We are a 3rd world country that has very limited resources. Buti nga andiyan ung mga mayayamang countries na tumutulong at nagpapa hiram sa atin ng mga planes, etc.

Kahit sino namang leader who will face with this kind of disaster and has a VERY LIMITED RESOURCES, wala din yang magagawa kahit gusto niyang tulungan lahat sabay sabay and iron things out in the least possible time. Well kung may resources man, nasa bulsa na ng mga corrupt.

Ung mga reporters naman, they are there to report. Si Anderson Cooper ba pumunta doon para mag bigay ng relief goods? Nagri report din naman siya tulad ng mga local reporters natin.

May process kasi ang pag bigay ng relief goods at hindi pwedeng basta basta ka nalang magbigay kasi dudumugin ka niyan at pag hindi mo na control ung tao, you might cause more harm than good. Remember gutom na yan so once nakakita yan ng pagkain, bahala na, every man for himself na. So kung reporter ka and you go to a place para mag report and naisipan mong mag dala ng konting relief goods, imagine pag nabalitaan nila na nagbibigay ka, patay ka dahil tatakbo sayo ung mga tao like hungry wolves chasing after a sheep.

Yang director na yan, painte internet lang, pabasa basa ng comment sa FB, Twitter, pa nood nood ng news all in the comfort of his house or wherever he does it. May unfriend pang nalalaman.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Pwede naman kasing gumamit ng utak at diskarte para maka-aksyon agad.

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    mahirap naman talaga gumalaw kung back to zero lahat dyan sa tacloban, walang daanan, walang kuryente walang signal, walang pulis, walang mayor. ano aasahan ni Pnoy dyan?
    Hello, 3rd world country tayo bakit itutulad nila tayo sa america na mabilis ang aksyon .
    Pakawala lang ni erap at jinggoy yang si PEKE gallaga para guluhin ang gobyerno

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    Pwede naman kasing gumamit ng utak at diskarte para maka-aksyon agad.
    Like what? If you were the president, anong gagawin mo para madala mga relief goods agad agad? Even international organization can't penetrate the hardest hit barangays

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://opinion.inquirer.net/65449/blame-game

Get Real
    Blame game
    By Solita Collas-Monsod
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    12:32 am | Saturday, November 16th, 2013
    261 3714 3392
    Shoulda, woulda, coulda. That seems to be the blame game everyone is playing now with regard to our relief efforts. We coulda done this, or we shoulda gone that way, or we woulda made more of a difference. And to buttress our self-flagellation, we misquote or take out of context what foreigners say about our efforts.
    Take the United Nations emergency relief coordinator Valerie Amos. Her analysis of the situation was absolutely balanced, but by the time it got out to us, she was made to look critical of the Philippine government. No one paid attention to the reasons she gave for the difficulty of distributing relief goods: lack of air assets (not including the Tacloban airport, which was destroyed and took three days to reopen), shortage of vehicles for waste management (so debris and roadblocks could be cleared), lack of coordination by local officials (understandable, she says, because they were affected by the storm, too). I cannot see how the government is answerable for that.
    Anderson Cooper came on Day 5. He probably didn’t know that the airport reopened on Day 4, and was aghast at conditions there. He said things like “the scene here at the airport is desperate,” “I have not seen a large Philippine military presence out around here,” “Philippine military personnel are cleaning up the area around the airport … first time we’re seeing this,” “people line up and they are here all day for a handful of flights.” People should understand that his analysis of Philippine relief efforts were based on one location only: Tacloban airport. He did walk around, but was constrained by the fact that there were NO VEHICLES available for use, so his analysis was severely limited.
    Of course, Defense Secretary Volt Gazmin didn’t help matters. He was quoted as saying that there was something wrong with the system (of relief), and that politics was rearing its ugly head. He was at a loss to explain where the bottleneck was, in the first instance, although he chairs the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Committee (NDRRMC). In the second instance, he apparently based his conclusion about politics on the accounts of two victims, which he then expanded to the whole of local government (which is the same logic that Cooper used).
    But I’d like to focus on the alleged lack of Philippine military presence (although Cooper admitted that they were cleaning up the area around the airport). I called up the Armed Forces chief of staff, Gen. Emmanuel Bautista, who gave details of the military participation. The military participated, quietly (perhaps too quietly), but effectively. The conversation with Bautista was followed up by a 7-page report from Col. Ramon Zagala.
    “Yolanda” hit land on Nov. 8 and wiped out all communications. The Army commander for Eastern Visayas, Brig. Gen. Jet Belarmino, with HQ beside the Tacloban airport, had to bore a hole in the ceiling of his quarters to survive the rising waters. And Lt. Col. Fermin Carangan of the Air Force was swept out to sea for six hours; he managed to survive, and save a 7-year-old boy in the process.
    The first military sortie was carried out on Nov. 9, by the GHQ Crisis Action Team and Medical Teams with 7,000 pounds of relief goods and food packs that were prepared four-five days earlier. The Air Force and Navy began transporting Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) assets and equipment coordinated by a command post in Tacloban (at the police station). A C-130 was used to bring 50 drums of oil for use of their other air assets in rescue and transport work. The same efforts were made in the cities of Roxas and Iloilo. Two Navy ships (DF 341 and DF 352) were also deployed to bring aid and relief goods to Carles and Estancia in northern Iloilo.
    By Nov. 9, other ships and air assets were carrying everything from cadaver bags to medicines to food, as well as communications equipment, fuel and personnel to Roxas; Kalibo, Aklan; San Jose, Antique; Guiuan, Eastern Samar; northern Panay; northern Palawan (including Coron); Negros Island; Masbate; and Cebu City. How do you think we got the information that 7,251 barangays in 471 municipalities and 51 cities in 41 provinces, involving 2.1 million families, were devastated?
    By Thursday, 15 naval vessels had transported relief goods, equipment and personnel in affected areas in Eastern and Western Visayas. Aircraft had flown 216 sorties carrying 379,369 lbs of relief goods and 267,183 lbs of other cargo (fuel, equipment, etc.). The military literally threw everything it had into the effort, including land vehicles (81 trucks), 23 aircraft, and 17 Navy vessels (from five tons to 2,000 tons). This, aside from the 3,000 men sent to help the 12,000 men already in the area. It established six monitoring hubs over the Visayas, presided over by five brigadier generals and one colonel. Serving the Filipino people.
    Not enough? No presence? Please. Certainly not from want of trying. And given the limitations of equipment because the money for them was going elsewhere.
    The military is not the only one who is getting a raw deal here. Local government officials (all right, maybe some of them are tying their relief services to votes) have been criticized, too. And the central government, including the President. I think they’ve done a hell of a job. They cannot be judged based on one city alone—Tacloban. Only consider: Do you really think anyone could have done better there, when 98 percent of the city had been destroyed, including the airport?

Read more: http://opinion.inquirer.net/65449/bl...#ixzz2kmBdEgID

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rukawa11 View Post
    mahirap naman talaga gumalaw kung back to zero lahat dyan sa tacloban, walang daanan, walang kuryente walang signal, walang pulis, walang mayor. ano aasahan ni Pnoy dyan?
    Hello, 3rd world country tayo bakit itutulad nila tayo sa america na mabilis ang aksyon .
    Pakawala lang ni erap at jinggoy yang si PEKE gallaga para guluhin ang gobyerno
    I agree. Pilit nilang itinutulad tayo sa mga 1st world countries na lahat ng units ng army pwedeng tumulong agad. Plus complete sila ng gamit from helicopters, boats, ships, andami pang army personnel, national guards, na kahit konting tulong lang from international community, they can survive.

Tayo, 3 na nga lang ata ung C130 natin, nag overshoot pa ata ung isa based from the news that I heard a couple of days ago.

Hindi din nila naisip na may Bohol pang inaayos from the earthquake, Cebu as well.

Hindi lang naman Tacloban ang nasira, halos buong Leyte. Isama mo pa ang Samar, Antique, Iloilo and napakarami pang provinces sa Visayas. Then archipelago pa tayo so ung pag transport pa lang diyan sa mga separate islands, ang hirap na. Pagdating pa sa hub, ididstribute pa yan sa mga cities, towns na halos di naman madaanan kasi andaming debris, trees that fell on the ground, etc. Kung very limited ang resources mo, hindi mo yan pwedeng gawin ng sabay sabay.

Kaya yang mga magagaling lang mag analyse sa FB, Twitter or sa internet in general, sana tignan nila ang bigger picture hindi lang satsat ng satsat.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    if PNoy had been blaming the LGUs, i think it's not baseless. PNoy invested a lot on PAGASA's modernization at parang pet project nya pa yata ito. PAGASA did it's role, 3 days before todo warning na. He's going for preventive and not reactive.

Pero some LGUs (like Romualdez) were amiss with their roles. In contrast duns a ibang mayor like yung Mayor Javier. Result, Tacloban casualties are by the thousand, while yung Javier town, 3 lang.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ Si roumualdez yung nasa resort pa diba, tabing-dagat pa mismo. I guess they belittled the storm surge warning big time.

Mods baka puwede i-merge na lang ito sa Yolanda Thread. Same topic, same sh*t from people who have not been to a calamity, have not experienced being in such a problem but kung mag-comment eh ang galing-galing.
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; November 16th, 2013 at 04:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Direk Peque Gallaga rages against President Aquino over alleged slow relief efforts