New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    I've been an Apo Hiking Society fan for decades but after hearing them perform "Minamahal Kong Bayan", which they composed specifically for Noynoy's inauguration this morning, I almost threw up. Although the song's message is obviously about being patriotic and all that, there was no catchy melody or lyrics but worst of all, they were pathetically trying to rap. Looks like they've really ran out of creative juices and made the right decision by disbanding.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Akala ko disbanded na sila?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Baka di na nila kaya yung mga high notes, kaya ni-rap na lang. Damatans na .

I was not able to catch that Apo's song. What I saw is the song of Cabangon. Di ko rin alam kung rap o kanta yung binanatan nya. Ubod ng haba pa. Pinataas pa yung right hands ng mga tao, na medyo lengthy yung kanta, halatang ngawit na yung mga tao including the guests. Si Erap, di nagtaas ng kamay......

4. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Akala ko disbanded na sila?
    Disbanded na sila. They just performed as "The Apo" for the inauguration.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    hndi maganda pati ung kanta na nacompose ni ogie alcasid hndi rin ok.

nagustuhan ko lng ung mga kanta ni noel cabangon

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That was a new song? I thought they just rehashed "American Junk" and changed the lyrics.

It got better near the end, but it certainly didn't feel very "APO-ey".

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Agree with you,- bland ang kanta nila.... Too bad, that was the 'moment'....

10.2K:chicken:

Apo's song during P-Noy's inauguration