New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What anime have you watched that you can recommend? A brief summary/description of the story line would be helpful too.

movies....OVA....TV series.....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE=3]
    Handmaid May
    [/SIZE]

Summary:

After a virus takes over his computer system, Genius schoolboy Kazuya gets a package from the Cyberdyne corporation that contains a 1/6 scale Cyberdoll maid named May. She is very helpful around the house and likes Kazuya very much.

It would seem that May is probably the best computer desk accessory that any lonely computer guy could want. But the girl next door who has a crush on him and Cyberdolls that keep showing may make life very complicated for him.

Kazuya sure has his hands full. Good thing he's got a maid to help around the house...

-------------------

TV Series: 11 episodes
    Available at: www.************* (bit******* download)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE=4]HandMaid Mai[/SIZE]

Summary:

Although Ozu Hideo dreamt to be a movie director, he is now a live-in employee in the warehouse of an adult video production company "Yamamoto Dream Project".

Nine years ago, Ozu took movie shoots of his childhood friend, Kurosawa Mai. However, the last scene was just blank white, and the film was ended without being completed. Then, there came a contact from Mai, after 4 years, for Ozu. She said she wanted to have the master tape of that shoots Ozu had.

What is waiting for Ozu in his rendezvous with Mai is a harsh reality. Mai had been debuted to be an actress. The head of the major production house Mai was belong to intended to buy Ozu's film. Giving a final blow to the bewildered Ozu, Mai said, "You, using an excuse of making a movie, dangled after me like a stalker for 9 years. No matter how long, do you think you'll be able to make a movie? That's why I am going to pay you 10 million as a consolidation money, isn't it enough?" The disappointed Ozu ran out through the exit door.

Ozu went home dead-drunk. What appeared before his eyes were girls looking like Kurosawa Mai who was shown in the film.

=====================

NOTE: Because of the bankruptcy of the distributor, the release schedule is suspended, and only the first episode is released. (Jun 2005)

=====================

Available at: www.************* (bit******* download)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Saint Seiya...

Really awesome comic/cartoon...

Saint Seiya is an Anime series based on the manga by Masami Kurumada of the same name. The story takes place in Japan around 1985-86. It it is the story of five orphan youngsters who are taken and given a home by the Kido foundation led by Mr. Mitsumasa Kido. Each one of the children is sent to a training ground all over the world to become bronze saints and bring back a sacred cloth so they can later compete in a Tournament to win the sacred Sagitarius gold cloth. It turns out that one of these 5 heroes suddenly robbs the gold cloth and escapes. The other four set out on a mission that will lead them to know why their former companion betrayed them. Later they will find out out that Saori Kido (Mitsumasa Kido's so called granddaughter) is actually the reincarnation of the Goddess Athena who comes back every 100 years to stop evil, and that the great Pope in Athena's sanctuary on Earth actually tryied to kill her 13 years before the youngsters' training, the night of her birth. The five young bronze saints swear loyalty to the Goddess and set on a battle against the Pope's army of saints including bronze, silver and gold clothed warriors all willing to kill the five bronze saints.

Once the Pope is defeated, the five saints, who now have silver cloths, go up against Polaris Hilda and her God Warriors in Asegard who wanted to take over the sanctuary and destroy the Earth by making all the ice in the polar layers and causing a catastrophe. Once the God Warriors are defeated, it turns out Hilda was being controlled by none other than Poseidon, the sea God. The five Silver Athena saints are now up against Poseidon and his 7 Scale Shoguns (or Generals), and have to destroy the 7 pillars that sustent the 7 seas and defeat the 7 Shoguns and Poseidon to save Athena.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Have like 8 of these figurines... astig sila...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    my favorite movie-anime come from Studio Ghibli especially the ones by Hayao Miyazaki:

1. Nausicaä of the Valley of Wind
    2. Laputa: Castle in the Sky
    3. Grave of the Fireflies
    4. Kiki's Delivery Service
    5. My Neighbor Totoro
    6. Only Yesterday
    7. Porco Rosso
    8. Ocean Waves
    9. Pom Poko
    10. Whisper of the Heart
    11. Princess Mononoke
    12. My Neighbors the Yamadas
    13. Spirited Away
    14. The Cat Returns
    15. Howl’s Moving Castle

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes
    nausica-what can i say.. this is a classic. a must-see for all anime people.

grave of the fireflies.. naiyak ako dito hehe but then again i cried at land before time din. (hindi sya anime but i love that movie)

vision of escaflowne
    a girl from earth gets transported to another world where there is a war and has to help a mysterious prince who has lost his kingdom. the thing i like about this is their mecha: parang steam-powered na modern so i think it gives it a very nice touch. plus the story is very nice. after the last episode-tapos na. so it isnt like those other anime na halatang ginagawang cash cow kasi pinapahaba ng pinapahaba.
    i have the escaflowne toy. it looks sooo cool and it transforms too

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE=4]Mahoromatic - Automatic Maiden[/SIZE]

Summary:
    Vesper is a secret agency fighting an army of alien invaders by using super-powerful battle androids. Mahoro is Vesper's most powerful battle android and has won many battles, but she has little operating time left and soon will cease to function. However, if she lays down her arms and conserves her remaining power, the time she has left can be prolonged to just over a year. Mahoro is given an opportunity to live the remaining time she has as a normal human. She chooses to live as a maid for Suguru, a phenomenally messy high school student who lives by himself after his family passed away.

==========================

Running time: 24 minutes
    Age rating: Mature (May contain ***, drugs, and extreme graphic violence)
    Genres: Comedy, Mecha, Military, Romance, Science Fiction, Shounen

Available for download at www.************* (bit*******)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE=4]
    Hanaukyo Maid-tai
    [/SIZE]

Summary:
    After losing his mother, 12-year-old Taro journeys to Tokyo to live with his grandfather. But he gets the biggest surprise when he discovers that his grandfather's home is a huge mansion with hundreds of beautiful maids ready to serve him. Making matters worse (at least for Taro, but not for our viewing) is that not only does he inherit the Hanaukyo mansion, he gets the services of all of the maids 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

=========================

Running time: 15 minutes
    Age rating: Mature (May contain ***, drugs, and extreme graphic violence)
    Genres: Comedy, Romance

Available at: www.************* (bit*******)

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    macross fanboy here...

Macross: (tv series)

in 1999, a damaged alien starship lands on an island somewhere in the south Pacific ocean and as the world slowly reverse-engineers the ship's technology for its use, they also do so also in anticipation that whoever owns the ship might come back for it. ten years later, the ship is completed and readied for a test run, when the people chasing after the ship arrive for it. the ship's booby-trapped systems detect its enemies and fire, this ushering in a new age of conflict. after a mistakenly being transported to the far edge of the solar system and making their way back home and being rejected once they arrive, the crew of the ship, now named SDF-1 macross, discover that they have more in common with their huge enemies than they originally thought. with the power of human emotions and with the power of songs from one singer named Minmay, humanity finally gets a lucky break and manages to have their former enemies become allies, with the macross becoming the world's modern "Noah's ark".

Macross: Do you remember love? (movie)

<synopsis to follow>

Macross Flashback 2012 (short movie)

<synopsis to follow>

Macross Plus (OAV and movie version)

<synopsis to follow>

Macross 7 (tv series)

<synopsis to follow>

Macross 7: The galaxy is calling me! (short movie)

<synopsis to follow>

Macross 7: Dynamite (OAV)

<synopsis to follow>

Macross II: Lovers again (OAV and movie version)

<synopsis to follow>

Macross Zero (OAV)

<synopsis to follow>
    Last edited by nugundam93; January 11th, 2006 at 04:26 PM.

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast
The ANIME thread