New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    'kala ko, ok na siya, kasi i saw him back many times anchoring "the world tonight" at anc.
    rip angelo........:sad:

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/04...uccumbs-cancer

MANILA, Philippines - A pillar of broadcast journalism, Angelo Castro Jr., has succumbed to cancer.

The 67-year-old Castro passed away on Thursday at the St. Luke's Medical Center in Quezon City. He had a long and courageous fight against lung cancer.

He is survived by his wife June Keithley, son Diego and other children.

Castro is known for being the main man of “The World Tonight” since it returned on air on ABS-CBN in 1986 and moved to ANC in 1999.

He took a break only for two years until his return in 2011 due to illness.

His health, however, continued to deteriorate, forcing him to leave anew the show.

His wife, June Keithley Castro, recently appeared on ANC revealing both their fight against cancer. Keithley was diagnosed with cancer of the breast in 2009.

“No, he’s not well… My husband has always been a very handsome, macho, control freak… So I had to tell his doctors, ‘You know it’s very difficult for him now because it’s out of his hands, di ba? He can’t control it,’” Keithley revealed.

“I went to him and I said, ‘Okay, you can’t do this to the kids, ha.’ I told him, ‘You better fight.’”
    Last edited by chua_riwap; April 5th, 2012 at 04:42 PM.

Angelo Castro Jr, 67, succumbs to cancer