New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,710
    #1
    First day in Hollywood. Some standout performances...

    Of course, with 180 contestants, they can't give everyone screen time... but the performances they did show for people who went through were very good.

    Andrew Garcia has a sort of Danny Gokey-ish vibe... but he sounds better...

    Definitely the best of the night... He does the Kris Allen thing for Paula Abdul's song...

    One guy who didn't go through but who could have been fun to see in the final 24 was SkeeeeeBowwwwSkeeeee...


    A huge number of good girls being shown... hard to pick one favorite... the last two of the night were pretty good... Crystal Bowersox and Didi Benami, but I kind of like Didi better.

    Other people (and the judges) are putting Crystal in as top of the night for the girls.

    Won't know who the front-runners are yet till we see more of the uncut people... at least we can be sure the next few weeks will have some good performances...

    Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

  2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    50,574
    #2
    I like Didi

    I said to myself that I won't be watching AI anymore because of how disappointed I was with last season's batch. I think I'll give this season a chance as the hollywood auditions seem promising.

  3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,710
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I like Didi

    I said to myself that I won't be watching AI anymore because of how disappointed I was with last season's batch. I think I'll give this season a chance as the hollywood auditions seem promising.
    Actually, there were some good singers besides the final two, like Alison Iraheta and Danny Gokey. But they suffered from too much inconsistency. Only Adam Lambert kept it up for most of the season... then he faltered on the very last week. Not like with Cook and Archuleta, where they were mostly good for the entire run.

    -

    Ellen Degeneres is doing a good job. Not quite a Paula Abdul replacement (she's actually a good judge, for one... ), but she's good. She might be more of a replacement for Simon (who's rumored to be leaving at the end of the season), actually... the sarcastic comic relief... only nicer.

    Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

  4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,899
    #4
    Crystal Bowersox rocks!

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh8Bz-P33Ds"]YouTube- American Idol 2010: Crystal Bowersox sings Tracy Chapman Give me one reason HD HQ[/ame]

  5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,723
    #5
    Crystal Bowersox, Siobhan Magnus, Lee Dwyze, Michael Lynche, Casey James are locked for the Top 5..

    Don't like Didi... mukhang faker...

    Andrew Garcia is the Chris Sligh of the current season.

    Katie Stevens reminds me of Antoinette Taus.

    I like Paige Miles though, maganda talaga boses. Though she picks very bad songs.

    I think Siobhan will win it all! I see a Gwen S. - Evanesence - Adam Lambert shock value appeal.

  6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,710
    #6
    I liked Didi at first, she has a unique voice and she's a good performance within the limits of her voice and style... but she's definitely mid-pack material only.

    Siobhan is amazing. Not the best voice ever, and there were some issues with last week's performance... but the sense of drama... the bravado... the personality...

    If she doesn't win, she should be on the next season of Glee.

    Super cute pa yung glasses niya.

    Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

  7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,899
    #7
    Crystal or Lee? Who will win?

  8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,710
    #8
    Haven't watched the performances, but Lee might just win it.

    Crystal is amazing, and consistent, but Lee has a bit more "soul". I remember, actually, back in the final four, where Crystal said that Lee was her "musical crush".

    Too bad for Casey... but Randy and Kara really shafted him with their song choice... against two powerhouses like Crystal and Lee, I would not have picked "Daughters".

    Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

  9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    39,046
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Haven't watched the performances, but Lee might just win it.

    Crystal is amazing, and consistent, but Lee has a bit more "soul". I remember, actually, back in the final four, where Crystal said that Lee was her "musical crush".

    Too bad for Casey... but Randy and Kara really shafted him with their song choice... against two powerhouses like Crystal and Lee, I would not have picked "Daughters".
    Yes, in the presence of her BF... And when it was announced that Casey was out last week,- she wrapped her body around Lee with both feet and arms....

    'American Idol' finale is a Crystal Bowersox lovefest
    (philstar.com) Updated May 26, 2010 10:29 AM

    LOS ANGELES (AP) The final competition night of this season's "American Idol" was a lovefest, and Crystal Bowersox got a big share of the affection.

    The 24-year-old Bowersox of Toledo, Ohio, impressed the judges Tuesday with her three song performances, and she helped Simon Cowell mark his final week with a high note. His final word of criticism was "outstanding," and it was delivered to Bowersox after she performed "Up to the Mountain."

    Lee DeWyze, 24, of Mount Prospect, Ill., also drew admiration from the judges. But while they praised his voice and spirit, they urged him to better live up to his potential on songs including "Beautiful Day."

    The winner of this season's "American Idol" will be announced on Wednesday's show.
    My wife and myself are for Crystal since weeks ago.... But I guess, Lee is more like the much-vaunted "American Idol" image.....

    10K:dance1:

  10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    39,046
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I liked Didi at first, she has a unique voice and she's a good performance within the limits of her voice and style... but she's definitely mid-pack material only.

    Siobhan is amazing. Not the best voice ever, and there were some issues with last week's performance... but the sense of drama... the bravado... the personality...

    If she doesn't win, she should be on the next season of Glee.

    Super cute pa yung glasses niya.
    Yes, we dearly missed Siobhan.... She's a character who's not afraid to project herself the way she wants it.... Remember the butterfly that Simon has mistaken for a "leaf"....

    And, she's really cute with those spectacles... (I always have this "head-over-heels" feeling for women with glasses.... )

    10K:dance1:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
American Idol Season 9: 2010