New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    So young. RIP

MANILA, Philippines—Mike Francis, alias Francesco Puccioni, international pop sensation in the 1980s passed away Friday due to a lingering illness. He was 47.

The Florence-born Francis, or Francesco Puccioni, had been particularly a favorite in Manila with his name figuring in the top acts during the heydays of electronic pop from 1985-1987, with such hits as “Friends” with Ami Stewart, “Survivor” with Belen Thomas, and his stirring solo “Let Me In.”

His only live album, “Mike Francis Live in Manila” that featured his highly successful 1989 gig at the Ninoy Aquino Stadium, proves how his music was well-received in the country.

A greatest hits compilation, “The Very Best of Mike Francis” featuring a mix of his Italian and English hits, was released seven days before his death in Italy.
    http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/...e-Francis-dead
    Last edited by russpogi; February 5th, 2009 at 09:26 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    rip. i remember my titos & titas listening "let me in" in our transistor radio.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    This is just so sad. I really love his songs (thank gog I have them on my ipod!).

May he rest in peace.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tsk. RIP. galing pa nman nya, cguro tapos na ang gawain nya dito sa mundong ibabaw

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Yikes! Ngayon ko lang nakita itong thread na ito! Favorite ko si Mike Francis! Meron pa nga ako autograph from him sa dalawang album nya yung Mike Francis Live saka yung Mike Francis "Songs" album.

Kakahinayang naman....

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    Yikes! Ngayon ko lang nakita itong thread na ito! Favorite ko si Mike Francis! Meron pa nga ako autograph from him sa dalawang album nya yung Mike Francis Live saka yung Mike Francis "Songs" album.

Kakahinayang naman....
    yeah, nakita ko rin ito just now if it werent for Ma'am LR's post.

- Mike Francis happens to be a common favorite between me and my brother-in-law who passed away late last year. noong lamay niya, his younger brother and his acoustic band sang "friends"...

for the longest time, i'm looking for the music video of mike francis singing "friends" - not Ami Stewart.

haiz!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    sayang talaga siya. oo nga, good thing i have his songs in my ipod as well.

sir ian, have you tried looking him up in youtube? dun ko nakita mga videos niya.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    RIP ... madami din akong naging kaibigang chiks dahil sa mga kanta nya

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Aww. Sayang He's so young pa naman.

Well, that's life.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    .. hindi siya nawawala sa mga "power songs" sa cassette pag-nag-d-date dati .. i'm sure maraming nagpapatugtug pa rin sa kanya sa mga nag-d-date ngayon .. his music is his legacy

80s pop icon Mike Francis dead