New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 211 of 214 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2132
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    A shame this generation of Sonata sold poorly here. From that picture, your car looks like it is 3 years old rather than 13 years old. And that Camry! If only such colors are available in Philippine Toyotas! But no... We get the beige, the brown, the silver...

Our "loyal mule" is actually the 1997 Granvia. It does the market runs, gets packed with roofing sheets, multiple boxes of ceramic tiles, bags of cement, heavy wooden furniture, a washing machine... It is also sometimes borrowed by relatives who are moving house. To top it all off, it still serves as one of the family daily drivers which runs at least 5 days a week and is easily maintained by the company forklift operator/mechanic. What is your ride?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    I bought the Sonata back in 2005 as a 2006 model. It's almost 14 years old. It's been at hot deserts, -40C winters, downpours, dust storms, halfway buried in snow. It even slammed into a deer one night (at the 100,000 miles mark), wrecking the front totally and probably sustained hidden stress damage. My youngest kid somehow destroyed the passenger side sun visor and all 4 overhead grab handles, not to mention causing a number of dents and scratches at the exterior. It still runs okay although I'm starting to hear noises where there used to be none. So, I have to baby it more now.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ah. The correct place for this. My 2006 Sonata V6 has a new owner. So, this 2019 Toyota Camry SE is my current mule.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Ah. The correct place for this. My 2006 Sonata V6 has a new owner. So, this 2019 Toyota Camry SE is my current mule.

Why did you sell it?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Why did you sell it?
    I didn't sell the Sonata. I signed the title over to one of my wife's Filipina friends. The transmission on her old car (Oldsmobile Alero) died. She couldn't afford to get a spare transmission. So, she had that car junked. Since my Sonata already has almost 205k miles (330k km) and 14 years old, it was time to replace it. My wife suggested we give it to her friend so she can still go to work. Plus, we can claim it on our tax return.

We rarely sold our old cars. We either traded it in or gave it away, mostly the latter. They have so many miles they're not really worth anything. The Toyota dealer wouldn't even take the Sonata because it has so many miles. Plus, there are all the scratches, dents, and items wrecked by the kid.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 12th, 2019 at 08:50 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I didn't sell the Sonata. I signed the title over to one of my wife's Filipina friends. The transmission on her old car (Oldsmobile Alero) died. She couldn't afford to get a spare transmission. So, she had that car junked. Since my Sonata already has almost 205k miles (330k km) and 14 years old, it was time to replace it. My wife suggested we give it to her friend so she can still go to work. Plus, we can claim it on our tax return.

We rarely sold our old cars. We either traded it in or gave it away, mostly the latter. They have so many miles they're not really worth anything. The Toyota dealer wouldn't even take the Sonata because it has so many miles. Plus, there are all the scratches, dents, and items wrecked by the kid.
    Bless yah, Pekto sir!What is your ride?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Bless yah, Pekto sir!What is your ride?

I told our friend to take it easy on the Sonata. Although it's still quick, it already has some hidden structural damage because of a deer collision 7 years ago. We're not sure how much longer the car will last before substantial repairs are required. Hopefully, it'll last long enough for her to buy another used car that's in better condition and has lower mileage.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I told our friend to take it easy on the Sonata. Although it's still quick, it already has some hidden structural damage because of a deer collision 7 years ago. We're not sure how much longer the car will last before substantial repairs are required. Hopefully, it'll last long enough for her to buy another used car that's in better condition and has lower mileage.
    Duct tape does wonders.What is your ride?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Duct tape does wonders.What is your ride?

A replacement rear glass will cost you between $300 to $400.

That's not too bad. The (deer collision) repairs on my car was almost $6k which may not have covered all the stress damage because they won't show up until years later.

But, yeah. Duct tape does wonders. I did the same for the left passenger window on my Sonata because the window motor broke. It just so happened that's where my youngest kid sat.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 12th, 2019 at 10:46 AM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010

What a good samaritan you are sir. God bless you!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Wow! God bless you sir!

What is your ride?