New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    mbeige, watch out, if you aim for this car again, might be another owner

looks like gigi will have a new owner soon. i met a nice gentleman earlier who looked at the car. i showed the work done and cosmetic stuff first so there were no surprises, test drive, and provided copies of all the work i put in. there was a little negotiation when he pointed that i am selling above bluebook, but he agreed (from his experience) that the limited availability, the low mileage, and the "i dont mind keeping the car" status of the sale was considered on how i priced my ride. the meeting ended with an offer. just need to clear with his mechanic and the ride will be his. im part happy from the experience and some profit, but partly sad for parting with this ride.

time for another one. too bad the prospects i considered were sold (tiburon, 240sx, and another g20), but ill keep looking.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    double post (still having this problem mods).
    Last edited by MXFX; July 28th, 2008 at 12:09 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    it is now official, gigi is sold.

i think i did very well on my first buy and sell experience. ive had minimal contacts via email and phone with different buyers. a few bargaining before seeing the car, one hard to call back and claimed that i dont call back, and a few late ones. my neighbor was right when he complimented gigi and said "i bet you first one who sees it buys it."

the new owner turned out to be an ideal buyer. former nissan owner (z, quest), very pleasant and diplomatic. the meeting at his mechanic (nissan) shop went very well. after some inspection and some test drive, the mechanic with a big smile expressed how clean the car was in and out. after the tests, paperwork and payment was done, and i handed the title and keys to the new owner. he then gave me a ride home (part of the deal) and we talked about nissans during the entire ride.

i guess it is easy to get attached to a car so im kinda glad i sold gigi within two months. i should be viewing and test driving another in a few days.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    double post again.
    Last edited by MXFX; July 30th, 2008 at 01:16 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so...what's next? GT-R? :2thumbsup:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so...what's next? GT-R? :2thumbsup:

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    thanks for the suggestion empy. maybe ill start with se-r

if i sell 100+, maybe ill order a base gtr (according to the dealer i know, they sold a few with a $30k markup).

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    SE-R? Hmmm... the previous generation wasn't bad... just avoid the 2003 ones with the cat problems. Get a Spec-V... helical limited slip... torquey engine... six speed. But finding an un-abused one might be hard.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Mike, if I may ask, how much were you able to sell it for?

I just got back from another detailing spree of the other car, boy was it a good feeling! Nakakamiss maglinis nang todo. Nakakapagod yet worth it when you see the car and people appreciate it. I'm sure, even if I don't you that much yet I've seen your super clean Infiniti, the new owner would be very happy to see such a clean car.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    very clean P11 man i have a P10 my self

my additional nissan: 99 infiniti g20