New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    thanks for the feedbacks menyaks .

the car was a private party though i dealt with a middle man. the rear suspension is multibeam like the sentra (bounces easily somehow). parts/mods seems ok supply wise, tons of them on g20.net. this thing struggled going uphill with a/c on. so i guess long drive is fine as long as there are no uphills hehehe...

the drive reminded me of my maxima with less power since the feel of the seat and the gauges are very similar. also, driving this makes driving the fx like driving a tank that can go fast .

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    IIRC, High port intake cam equipped SR20DE yang mga '99 model
    Last edited by HyBrideVo; June 22nd, 2008 at 11:27 AM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Mayroon yata nagtitipid sa gas dito!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by The10thBEE View Post
    Mayroon yata nagtitipid sa gas dito!
    you talking to me? or me and 95% of tsikoteers?

after the body work, ill try to resell while i drive it. if gas continues to go up (or if i end up liking it more and more), gigi (just thought of the name) will be a keeper.

i guess i gained some power by replacing the filthy and feathery air filter . good thing the filter is the same size as the max and the fx.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hard time going uphill? Did cleaning the filter cure this behavior? If not, try spritzing the MAF sensor with some contact cleaner... Nissan MAFs are notoriously sensitive.

Oh, and let me reiterate... T.U.R.B.O...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    thanks niky. it drives a little better now with the new filter. i am already planning to clean the throttle body. just have to check if i can use the same carb cleaner spray for the maf.

oh, good thing i have no clue what that t.u.... thing is .

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not carb cleaner... buy a small can of electrical contact cleaner to spray it with.

RE: t.u... Awww... c'mon... you're killing me... :hysterical: ...at the very least, get an AFC (even just a secondhand one) and do the DIY ignition advance... give it a bit of pep, then concentrate on the cosmetics. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    unfortunately i got a good excuse now for the turbo thingy: our sentra got hit with a "flying" tool on the freeway. few inch dent and the paint cracked and peeled. there goes gigi's turbo . p.s. the sentra feels deceivingly fast now in comparison with this g.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I suppose T.U. is a tune up

Congrats on the acquisition!

SoCal summer EB na!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Regarding SR20DE engines.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/gallery/data...jection_01.JPG

You can get a lot more power from that chunk of metal with minimal mods and some dyno time.

I got 148 wheel HP on my SR20DE. Mods were limited to typical IHE and an Apexi digital S-AFC. Disregard the 153 wheel HP since it was achieved using a water/ethanol injection system.

You can ask Niky, he's seen my car on the dyno and even drove it.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; June 23rd, 2008 at 02:48 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
my additional nissan: 99 infiniti g20