New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Use the good ol garden hose (like a stethoscope) to find where the sound is coming from. Just be very careful of moving parts (even if engine off, baka i start ng mumoo ) or very hot parts (i.e. Exhaust manifold). Did you try to pop the hood while it is making that owl sound?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Weird! But I myself also experience this one on my car, occasionally after engine shut down, minsan naman kahit matagal nang patay ang makina. Its imperceptible with the radio on. It sounds like a series of (kadalasan tatlo magkakasunod) prolonged faint utots lols...Pero its closer to the sound of a dvd player when loading/reading a disc on it.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    meron talaga ata ganyan sound sa mga fuel injected cars. lahat ng kotse namin may ganyan sound na super faint

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    ^^ maybe you're right! can hear it only from my car which has a direct injection system. dun sa dati ko car which has a carburetor, haha, walang woot woot woooot!
    Last edited by Zyrus; July 3rd, 2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: spwelling po

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kaeru618157 View Post
    Use the good ol garden hose (like a stethoscope) to find where the sound is coming from. Just be very careful of moving parts (even if engine off, baka i start ng mumoo ) or very hot parts (i.e. Exhaust manifold). Did you try to pop the hood while it is making that owl sound?
    I don't know if this helps, but everytime before i turn off my engine itry to rev up atleast 2000rpm (thingking i should blow the exhaust gases still trapped inside) please correct me if im wrong. thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
woo woo owl like sound