New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ...at this point, 3 years after it's original release? The Civic's out (but I'm not buying this), soon the Lancer then the Corolla... should I wait or follow the mantra when you buy electronic gadgets - "if you need one now, buy, don't wait for an upgrade"? I'm not much into resale, I intend to keep it for 10 years (I've heard Mazdas have low resale value) - so is mazda built tough enough to last? Are replacement parts expensive? Will the maintenance be easy?

Help!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    All Japanese cars are okay. Depending on your driving habbits, cars can last up to 10 years. If you buy Civic or any Honda cars, rust proof mo na lang para di kalawangin.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Mazda3 should still be a good buy.

In the ballpark for maintenance compared to Honda and Toyota.....

3404:surfing:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Mazda3 is still a good buy. Car dealers often include some more "extras" to make an "aging" model more appealing to buyers.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    They released an ad campaign this year diba that they've added more new features this year? Well personally I think since new Mazda 3's release here it's gained a good reputation naman. If you really can't wait for the new models of other brands, then I guess its fine to get the Mazda 3.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    get the new ford focus TDCi if you don't and won't get the FD civic (if you prefer euro-style, american brand, asian produced, talk about cross continents), same chassis mate as the mazda3, looks can be very deceiving. hehehe. If the mz3 would also do the same as what Ford did to it's compact, then why not.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd wait and see about a Mazda3 MT or 5-speed AT. While I like the handling of the Mazda3, it's kinda a waste to have a car like this with an ancient 4-speed transmission.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    why not?

i once had an experience owning a Mazda 626. Fine car. Just about as dependable as any Japanese brand.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's personal. I just hate automatics. Hahaha...

But the Mazda3 isn't a bad car... very comfortable to drive long distance, thanks to the re-tuned suspension. Sweet handling car, unmatched in its class... but still... I wouldn't consider the 1.6 until they bring in an MT... the 2.0R, though, is fine just the way it is.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    bumili ka na lang ng mazda3 pag nilabas na talaga yun toyota sa lancer. sigurado dami incentives nyan, that's the time it'll be worth

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Is it still worth it to buy a brandnew Mazda 3...