New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    mga sir,

ano po ba magandang brand ng sparkplug and high tension wires s market ngaun?
    Last edited by SeanDK; May 1st, 2008 at 02:31 AM. Reason: corrections

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    personally i dont believe that aftermarket high tension wires improve anything sa car performance.

pero with the question on spark plug, i go for bosch super 4. not as expensive as the iridium and platinum pero tumatagal talaga sakin. it cost 800 petot then it last until 40k, hindi pumapalya.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Even performance plugs are a question mark. Sometimes they're better, sometimes not. Platinum and Iridium will always give you a cleaner spark, but sometimes those fancy tips don't work well with certain engines.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Just get spark plugs with the correct heat range for your engine. That's the only important thing about spark plugs. It's not as if you're gaining any HP from spark plug swaps alone.

If you don't want to be bothered with heat ranges, I suggest you get the ones mentioned in the manual. In other words, stick with the stock ones.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Just get spark plugs with the correct heat range for your engine. That's the only important thing about spark plugs. It's not as if you're gaining any HP from spark plug swaps alone.

If you don't want to be bothered with heat ranges, I suggest you get the ones mentioned in the manual. In other words, stick with the stock ones.
    sorry OT: how do you determine the right heat range for a specific engine?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It should be in the manual. Your engine is designed to take a certain heat-range of plug. Some people change to a plug with a different heat range when modifying, but unless you know what the effect will be, I don't suggest experimenting.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    guys thanks po sa mga reply nyo. may bago n nmn akong natutunan hehehehehe.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    ano ang murang gamit na spark plug para sa Mazda 3, I mean yung acceptable naman..hindi masyado mabilis masira etc.

As already stated, stick to stock. Check your manual for stock specs. Or check what is currently installed in your ride. You can't go wrong with Denso, NGK, or Bosch.

Sparkplugs and High Tension Wires