Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    gulat naman ako, kala ko totoo nga ito.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    *niky,

you have to forgive jpdm. He sees "big boy" conspiracies everywhere!!!

that said, most mechanics don't like to work on mazda's due to the cramped engine compartment. and most mechanics are idiots, BTW. i am not constrained from saying this because i've done a lot of DIY work on my 626 and i've seen the level of skill that the typical mechanic brings to the table.

which of course is no surprise, given the job market for mechanics...

which also implies that most mechanics are full of sh*t.

QED.
    After stating my opinion based on those actual factual experiences of my friends on their Mazdas, you are asking niky to forgive me because i see conspiracies everywhere, huh?

I see conspiracies, wow! How did you arrrive with that conclusion sir?

Anyway, at least you affirmed the idea that some mechanics dont like to work with mazdas.

But I dont know about most mechanics being idiots. So far, i never encountered one.

Sirs, my apologies if my opinion is different from yours.
    Last edited by jpdm; January 26th, 2008 at 07:25 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    We must hang around in a different section of town... because almost all mechanics I've met are deficient. Or maybe your definition of "idiot" is far more generous than mine.

My personal experience dealing with mechanics is that you better know your car very well, otherwise they'll take you for a ride with their uninformed speculations and cost you a pretty penny.

Regarding the conspiracies, you are quite active over there in the PHUV thread, apologies if you're not the poster who keeps seeing "big boy" conspiracies everywhere and they'll steal his innovative designs etc. etc. I can't tell you guys apart!

I mean there you were going about how Mazda "back-stabbed" Francisco Motors and so now they're getting karma. That's the sort of no-sense zealot-ism I find in the PHUV thread. QED.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Anyway, at least you affirmed the idea that some mechanics dont like to work with mazdas.
    Dahil kunti lang alam nila sa mazda. At karamihan sa kanila eh iisahan ka pag wala kang alam sa oto mo...

Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    My personal experience dealing with mechanics is that you better know your car very well, otherwise they'll take you for a ride with their uninformed speculations and cost you a pretty penny.
    +1

Imagine getting a tune-up without reseting the ECU.

Going back to my encounter with the mayabang na siraniko. Hindi nya na nga naayos ang problema sa brake abay kinantyawan pa ako, sana toyota na lang daw binili ko dahil bulok daw ang mazda. I can't buy a loaded toyota for that price!

Turns out na marumi lang pala ang caliper pin kaya wala nang play, stuck-up kumbaga. Good thing for me dahil me nakita na akong talyer na matino dito sa amin.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Kung hindi naman pala totoo I suggest we close this thread na lang.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    The only jap car that I respect; MAZDA. The only Asian car maker that saved a giant (FORD) from dying; MAZDA pa rin. The only car maker that put the Wankel pistonless rotary engine into full commercial production (RX series) after Mercedes-Benz gave up on it. I'm a previous 626 owner and it let my professors knew if i'm in school coz the rest just drives the "common". It overheated, but that problem is not unique to Mazda. In fact, the engine is so tough it didn't even warped or blown its head gasket off. I remember running up to Tagaytay "dry", because there's no water to fetch from) and can't even stop to cool down, it overheated in traffic too and just gracefully "escaped" to the next station, it didn't even care how far that was. It just needed radiator replacement plus the hoses and thermostat that needs to be replaced and it's perfectly running again. Nissan on the other hand gave me a horrible overheating experience.

So it's pretty ignorant to say na "mahina ang mazda", it's a very uneducated assumption. Most cars' shortcomings can be attributed to the owner's inability to keep it by just "bubble-gum"-fixing it. Kasi pakotse-kotse wala naman palang pera!

And this recall is a desparate, ignorant attempt to bring a good car down. But it's not new and it happened in 1995 as well, when Mazda did a "Comparative Analysis" campaign against the other Three (Toyo, Mitsu and Dachsund este Nissan pala) and these jerks protested to DTI to stop those "Comparative Analysis" advertisement by Mazda for the reason it's unfair (but who's being unfair?). Mazda is just telling the truth to the customers than they are more fully-loaded from entry level to top-of-the-line models than the rest of the three.

And who's winning the races * Batangas Racing Circuit (who happened to be Toyota-owned) back in '96 and '97? It's MAZDASPEED hehehe. Until they decided to make all races "exclusive" to Corollas only (sourgrapes!)

I suggest that whoever wrote that "recall" thing to just let the Mazda owners enjoy their rides while he watch in envy.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Let's not forget, the only Asian car maker which has won Le Mans.

I have a neighbor who has an RX8. Kainggit!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hmmm. 2 things.

first, about engine mounts falling off and incompetent mechanics: an untrusted mechanic in banawe told me that the idling was too low, and that the engine mounts might just break, causing the engine to fall. Just so happened that the idling was already raised, after a looong time of having an idling of 600-700 rpm (8 years lang naman ata). Everything he said went out the other ear

and

second, I think mazda's worksmanship is all right. I can still see some b2200's and b2500's on the road today.

My ride also happens to be a ford-badged mazda. It had overheating problems a year ago due to a leaking radiator, and was promptly solved by installing a bigger one. The odometer just crossed the 200,000 mark earlier, and I'm sure hoping that it'll last for another several years.

Sana magka BT-50 dito!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    On some newer models vehicles like VW, malalaglag ang makina pag na front end collision ka to keep the engine away from the occupants.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I dont think that Mazda cars in general are bad. In fact, I owned a Mazda MPV diesel for 9 years w/ 165k sa odo. It didnt gave me any major headaches, I just followed the regular check ups and replaced the aircon blower. I sold it to a satisfied buyer a month ago. Mababa resale value but nasulit na gamit ko. Mazda is reliable.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Recall: Mazda 3- Nala-laglag ang makina?