New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    just wanna ask from cx7 owners....

hows the fuel consumption? does it run on regular unleaded 93octane?
    do you have the dealer installed GPS audio unit? is it AVT? how is it?
    hows the airconditioning?
    how much does regular servicing cost? is it still every 5,000kms

*** any design flaws/bugs/defects you have noticed?

*** any complaints on the car?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bruno787 View Post
    just wanna ask from cx7 owners....

hows the fuel consumption? does it run on regular unleaded 93octane?
    do you have the dealer installed GPS audio unit? is it AVT? how is it?
    hows the airconditioning?
    how much does regular servicing cost? is it still every 5,000kms

*** any design flaws/bugs/defects you have noticed?

*** any complaints on the car?

some comments:

Somewhat of a gas guzzler.
    Rear seating a bit cramp.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i disagree with GH

i dont think its a gas guzzler. while its not exactly hyundai getz or honda jazz thrifty, i would say that it has pretty reasonable FC for a 2.5L engine.

its bad for pure city driving (meaning 15kph or less average speed) but once you bring it on the open road and use the cruise control or managed driving, i can easily get 6-7km/100L. take it for a spin on the nlex, sctex, slex and skyway and you will see what i mean

if your use is purely city driving, within less than 10km radius and at an average speed of 15kph or less, then the only car for you are really the small ones (getz, i10, jazz, etc) if FC is your major consideration

now, the problem is what if its not pure city as i defined above but somewhere in between. check the 7 owners thread. i posted some FC figures depending on the average speed. at 18kph average speed, i got around 12++km/100L. give or take a computer error of at about .2, its still a decent, though not class leading, FC

rear seating is a bit cramped but not totally uncomfortable. it just feels cramped because the seats are so recessed that the windows appear very high. the backrest can't be reclined but so are the other backrest of even high end vehicles like say, the chevrolet tahoe.

at the end of the day, test drive it together with other units you are considering. its your hard earned money so make the most of it

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    what about in the "bugs/design defects" department? are there any design flaws with this car? its gonna be replacing an HRV which has been reliable and very fuel efficient.

is consumption similar to a rav4 4x4?

i need to ask coz im gonna be ordering the car without seeing it. im from out of town but ill be using it in manila. ived seen the car and sat on it once, but that was last year. all i remember was it had a nice interior aside from a few hard plastics.

its a toss between this and the Rav4, Xtrail and Sorento as i dont like diesels.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    i dont think its a gas guzzler. while its not exactly hyundai getz or honda jazz thrifty, i would say that it has pretty reasonable FC for a 2.5L engine.

I am comparing the FC to other small SUVs. Given it will only get 6-8 km/L in city driving, it can be a major consideration. At a time with gas prices going to break P60/L, it has to be a consideration.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    what about in the "bugs/design defects" department? are there any design flaws with this car? its gonna be replacing an HRV which has been reliable and very fuel efficient.

is consumption similar to a rav4 4x4?

i need to ask coz im gonna be ordering the car without seeing it. im from out of town but ill be using it in manila. ived seen the car and sat on it once, but that was last year. all i remember was it had a nice interior aside from a few hard plastics.

its a toss between this and the Rav4, Xtrail and Sorento as i dont like diesels.
    i cant comment on the rav4 as i never owned one nor even driven one

for bugs/design defects, check the thread on "cx-7 complain"

overall, there are no defects. the only complaint i have is the "burnt smell" at certain speeds. other than that, the aircon is fine with me. iba talaga ang japan CBU unit. had the same build reliability with my old japan CBU vitara also

as for fuel efficient, if you benchmark is your HRV, then i suggest you really test drive the 7 and do a real world comparison.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    i read the complaints thread about the burnt smell, so is this present in all CX7s????

how about engine performance, does it have enough torque when loaded with 5 people? say...going uphills, or on expressways?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    i disagree with GH

its bad for pure city driving (meaning 15kph or less average speed) but once you bring it on the open road and use the cruise control or managed driving, i can easily get 6-7km/100L. take it for a spin on the nlex, sctex, slex and skyway and you will see what i mean

if your use is purely city driving, within less than 10km radius and at an average speed of 15kph or less, then the only car for you are really the small ones (getz, i10, jazz, etc) if FC is your major consideration

now, the problem is what if its not pure city as i defined above but somewhere in between. check the 7 owners thread. i posted some FC figures depending on the average speed. at 18kph average speed, i got around 12++km/100L. give or take a computer error of at about .2, its still a decent, though not class leading, FC

rear seating is a bit cramped but not totally uncomfortable. it just feels cramped because the seats are so recessed that the windows appear very high. the backrest can't be reclined but so are the other backrest of even high end vehicles like say, the chevrolet tahoe.

at the end of the day, test drive it together with other units you are considering. its your hard earned money so make the most of it

What ?!?! 6-7kms per 100 liters of gasoline ?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i read the complaints thread about the burnt smell, so is this present in all CX7s????

how about engine performance, does it have enough torque when loaded with 5 people? say...going uphills, or on expressways?
    the most i have loaded my 7 with are 4 people and on a trip from manila-la union-manila. manual mode is fantastic and overtaking is a breeze, even on the tight ones

as for uphill, i have only been to tagaytay and tagaytay highlands and no problem at all.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    What ?!?! 6-7kms per 100 liters of gasoline ?
    Mali nga ata talo pa ata Vios sa fuel economy kung ganun... Baka kulang ng 1 sa left side yung 6 and 7 per 100km nya

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
question for the CX7 (about to order one)