New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    my sister is planning to buy a new car its either a m2 or m3. can you help compare the difference? and what is more practical and great buy? thanks. im also driving a mazda 3 and my sister also wants to get a mazda 3 but i told her that a mazda 2 is good but she still insist.so i need help on the performance and feedback on a mazda 2 since i haven't drive a mazda 2 yet.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The Mazda 3 gets poor fuel consumption. It averages, I think 7 - 8km/l in pure city driving, and, though I`m not sure ... it could be as low as 6km/l.

If your sister doesn't have a family yet, maybe she could opt for the Mazda 2 SEDAN since, we all know that girls and some boys just loves to go to the grocery and buy A LOT of stuff, which I presume wouldn't fit in the luggage allocation for the Mazda 2 HATCHBACK.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i own a m2 sedan m/t. if your sister will drive a manual transmission, mas hamak na mas mura siya sa m3. mas maliit ang m2 for parking ease and mas magaang sa m3 (so more fuel efficient).

=)

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    plus... the current generation mazda2 is a newer design than the mazda3 sold here.

the local 3 malapit na maphase out yan! papalitan na rin ng LOL car

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If your sis really wants the Mazda3, let her get the 3! I have a mazda 3 also and some of my friends are 3 owners also. We're not impressed with the new smiling look of the 2nd gen. 3. But the new 3 side view is better and I also like the two tiered instrument panel(Honda-like) new interiors.

The 3 which is already 6 years old(introduced way back 2004) can still stand-out in looks department in and out in its segment.

If fuel efficiency is also a consideration for your sister, she might as well
    consider the 2 instead because of better FC in city driving based from latest car reviews.

I think the 2 and the current 1st gen 3 road handling capabilities are both fantastic.

please compare m2 to m3