New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    i got my hatchback 2nd hand last year, problem is lumaki na family ko kaya minsan pag kasama yaya sumasayad kami sa mga humps. should i get stiffer shocks? what brand is recommended? any other alternatives? tia!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Aren't many cheap brands available for the Mazda3. You can ask around at the speed shops, pero puro adjustable shocks lang yata meron. You can also ask at http://protegetech.org or teamrage.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    thanks. do you think upgrading my shocks is the way to go? if it is, what brand/model shocks can you recommend for my mazda3 hatch? ok lang kung medyo pricey, as long as sulit.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I never changed my shocks (Mz3 V)... kapag puno, tagilid na lang at dahan dahan ako dumaan kapag may humps...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    what shocks are good with heavy loads (the yaya is a heavy load) and give a comfortable ride?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can get stiffer springs, if "sayad" is your only problem, and they're relatively cheap (siguro mga 15k, whole set... but I'm not sure).

Shocks will just make the suspension more resistant to bounce. Usually, when you change springs, the car will become bouncier, and the stock shocks will fail, if the springs are too stiff (happens on cars with soft shocks, like Corollas and Exaltas). I don't know about the Mazda3 shocks, though... I think they're stiff enough to survive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by reuben View Post
    thanks. do you think upgrading my shocks is the way to go? if it is, what brand/model shocks can you recommend for my mazda3 hatch? ok lang kung medyo pricey, as long as sulit.
    MZ3's are known for their lousy shocks a very good but pricey replacement would be Koni's. They might last the lifetime of your car. There used to be a local distributor then. It is available in Kingsmart in Hong Kong.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by reuben View Post
    what shocks are good with heavy loads (the yaya is a heavy load) and give a comfortable ride?
    Quote Originally Posted by Si 06 View Post
    MZ3's are known for their lousy shocks a very good but pricey replacement would be Koni's. They might last the lifetime of your car. There used to be a local distributor then. It is available in Kingsmart in Hong Kong.
    When it comes to mazda3's expert si Sir SI06 dito.....+5!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    an alternative would be getting another bigger vehicle IMHO

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jeDi13 View Post
    an alternative would be getting another bigger vehicle IMHO
    agree haha!
    sayad? kung family na talaga na sabay sabay byahe i think mas maganda po mataas ground clearance like what most SUVs offer. pero kung stick lang po kayo sa hatch nyo then what about po kung pataasan nyo na lang po ng onti yung ride height niyan instead of replacing the shocks?

man, that yaya you got there, bigatin!? hehe!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
need help with mazda 3