New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I would just like to share my experience with my car, we've gone through a lot these past 4 months.

I got my Mazda 6 from Mazda Quezon Avenue on May 14. The purchase was shall we say... not what I expected. The salesperson was very nice and courteous but lacks knowledge on the Mazda6 that she was selling. The unit is very new so I can forgive her for her shortcomings. The processing of the release was very slow, they cannot meet deadlines that they themselves set. If they say its going to be released at 10am, its going to be released at 6pm, so I spent the whole day waiting.

After the release of the unit, I noticed that there was a very annoying sound coming from the front part of the car when driving below 40km/hr, It sounded like the car was coming apart. Went back and forth from the casa 3 times and they cannot determine it. After 3 weeks, they asked for a meeting to clear things up. The technical people explained to me that the noise was part of the "feature" of the power steering and said that it was natural. I didn't believe them so we drove their testdrive unit and wow, the noise was not present. You really have to convince them that there is something wrong. When I finally got them convinced, they got their instructions from some central Mazda service board and did the adjustments. The noise was gone, but the power steering became pawis steering, it doesn't even return to its original position after making a uturn. How would you feel if you were me at this point. I thought what the heck, I've been to the casa for more than 5 times already, I'll just wait for the 1000km checkup and have them adjust the steering.

On June 11 (almost a month after the release), its time for the 1000km checkup. They did the usual routine plus the adjustment to the steering. The result was ok, but far from perfect, noise still present.

On that same day, 11:30pm, a passenger jeepney was speeding through Aurora Boulevard racing with another PUJ. Upon crossing the intersection of Dona Hemady, he side swiped two cars that were crossing the intersection. The second car that was hit was mine.... Bits and parts of my bumper was found several feet away, it was literally torn into pieces. Again, I was the second car that was hit, first car to get hit was beside me. Imagine the speed of the jeepney. I was really frustrated and anger almost got over me, good thing it did not. We went through the "process" like police report, pictures, etc...

The next day, I'm back to Mazda Quezon Avenue again. They informed me that the repairs will most likely be finished in 3 weeks since collision parts like bumpers comes to the country first before they sell the cars. Hearing that lightened my mood, 3 weeks is bearable. But after three weeks, all they accomplished was the repair estimate, unbelievable. Then they tell me that parts are not available in the country so they have to order it in Japan which will take 1 month to arrive, I am speechless with this one. I try to call them as much as I can to know the status of their repairs. After 7 weeks of "repairs" I called again and they said that parts have arrived, yey! But, there is a but again, the parts aren't complete, other parts has to be ordered in the USA. This means another month. It looks like they have all the time in the world. I don't know where the problem is, the dealer? or Mazda Philippines?

On September 11, exactly 3 months after the accident, my car was released finally!!! Car looks good, they did a good job but not when it comes to timelines. It took them 3 months to repair my bumper, headlights, and hood, simple yet it took that long.

Mazda Quezon Avenue service, to sum it up, 1.) they tell you what you want to hear but lacks action. 2.) timelines are not fulfilled most of the time. 3.) lacks knowledge 4.) slow parts shipment 5.) once you buy the car, they are in charge (very different from when you are still inquiring about their units, they will try to give you whatever you want)

Thank you for reading such a long post, I just wanted to share my story.

Comments and reactions please.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    well, mahirap talaga bumili ng car na hindi gano mainstream or not too many people buy.

we also have the mazda 6 but the previous gen, it's 2007 Mazda 6. kahit ako may apprehensions on this car, kasi I found out only average of 6 units were sold every month nationwide

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    What a bad experience bro. Instead of enjoying the car laking hassle.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Lesson learned, don't buy cars that aren't mainstream. But I would also like to share that my friend's Dodge Durango was repaired less than 2 months. Really big damage pa yan from an accident also. Tanggal 2 gulong, wasak yung ilalim.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    This I believe is more on the dealer than the car.

Mazda Quezon Avenue has a reputation of not keeping their word. They promise the world really. But even if everything is delayed, to be fair, they do a good job.

But I rather go to the Makati dealership since they have better customer service, and they do keep their word which is important to me.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    im so sad to hear that because i expected mazda philippines to be improving through out these years (well since it's under ford na) we have the 07 mazda 6 and aside from a few kinks here and there like loose things which they did fix :D ive had no problem with it. We bought it in Mazda GH and we always have it serviced there. Ive heard some bad things din from mazda gh but not as much as i heard from mazda quezon ave. if i were you id move to mazda gh or makati since ive heard better results there. But for your steering wheel i think you got a lemon kasi i test drove the 08 mazda 6 and it was so quiet (wayy quieter than our 07). i cant even hear the engine rev haha. We've had our 07 for over a year now and it still makes me smile everytime i drive it :D kaya for me mainstream or not, the important thing is that it should make you smile everytime you sit in the driver's seat :D

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    wow that really sucks. contrary to the thought of it 'not being mainstream', mazda should offer the best sales and after sales services to attract more customers. i really think that's a dealer problem. go find another dealer or write ford philippines about it. just to let them know what's happening. IMO

gustong gusto ko pa naman mga mazda cars. tsk tsk. but in fairness, all makers are not spared from lemon units.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle618 View Post
    im so sad to hear that because i expected mazda philippines to be improving through out these years (well since it's under ford na) we have the 07 mazda 6 and aside from a few kinks here and there like loose things which they did fix :D ive had no problem with it. We bought it in Mazda GH and we always have it serviced there. Ive heard some bad things din from mazda gh but not as much as i heard from mazda quezon ave. if i were you id move to mazda gh or makati since ive heard better results there. But for your steering wheel i think you got a lemon kasi i test drove the 08 mazda 6 and it was so quiet (wayy quieter than our 07). i cant even hear the engine rev haha. We've had our 07 for over a year now and it still makes me smile everytime i drive it :D kaya for me mainstream or not, the important thing is that it should make you smile everytime you sit in the driver's seat :D
    Yup, I do believe I got a lemon car. But as I said, once the unit is paid, they're the boss and you can't do anything about it. I've got nothing against the car, its really great, the design, features, interior etc. It's just that I was unlucky to get that particular unit with the strange noise from the steering. I agree that there should be very minimal noise when driving the new mazda6, the test drive unit was perfect. I really wish it could make me smile when I drive it, but it keeps reminding me of my experience with mazda quezon avenue.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Mazda makes great cars but they really do have to improve their customer service, especially on their dealers. Attitude should not change from before purchase and after purchase.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kulgan View Post
    Yup, I do believe I got a lemon car. But as I said, once the unit is paid, they're the boss and you can't do anything about it. I've got nothing against the car, its really great, the design, features, interior etc. It's just that I was unlucky to get that particular unit with the strange noise from the steering. I agree that there should be very minimal noise when driving the new mazda6, the test drive unit was perfect. I really wish it could make me smile when I drive it, but it keeps reminding me of my experience with mazda quezon avenue.
    Makes you wonder about the term, "CBU from Japan".

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
My 2008 Mazda6 experience