New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Finally for 2nd gen Mazda 3 fans, this car would soon arrive in our shores in 2012. And may be the lukewarm market acceptance of the current BT-50 pickup would turn into a golden oppurtunity for Mazda Phils. with the arrival of the all new model of the said pick-up. What's more?! Mazda is introducing 2 completely new models.

Source: Topgear Philippines

According to two executives of Mazda Philippines--a division of Ford Group Philippines--2012 will be a huge year for the Japanese brand as far as our local market is concerned. "It will be a boom year for us next year," said one of them, who both requested not to be named. "Our thrust this year is to sustain steady sales performance in preparation for next year."

So, what's happening next year at Mazda?

"Four new models are arriving in 2012," said the other executive. "These are the all-new BT-50 pickup and the all-new Mazda 3 compact sedan, and two other completely new cars, which will be presented by Mazda at the Geneva Motor Show in March."

Currently, Mazda Philippines has six models in its product lineup: the Mazda 2, the Mazda 3, the MX-5, the BT-50, the CX-7 and the CX-9. Even so, the Mazda brand has always played second fiddle to Ford in FGP's business strategy. It looks like things are changing a little bit with the scheduled introduction of new Mazda models.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe one of the "two other completely new cars" mentioned in this article would the the new CX-5(probably a serious CRV,Tucson challenger), but the other one? Start guessing now!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sana nga CX-5 and mazda 5 tapos mga P900,000-P1,200,000 price range...oh so sweet!

i wish sky series na mz3 na ilabas dito...hmmm...worth the wait!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I hope the BT-50 looks better in person. The smiley face on a pickup is a little off.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by domski View Post
    I hope the BT-50 looks better in person. The smiley face on a pickup is a little off.
    I like the front looks but not the back. The interiors looks good also.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rfb_arki View Post
    sana nga CX-5 and mazda 5 tapos mga P900,000-P1,200,000 price range...oh so sweet!

i wish sky series na mz3 na ilabas dito...hmmm...worth the wait!
    If the new CX-5 would be built in Thailand, maybe there's a chance introductory price would be competitive enough.

The wait for the new MZ3 is worth if it's fitted already with SKY engines and transmissions or else it wont impress much the compact car buyers.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    CX-5 siguro would compete against ASX?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    +1 on the Skyactive engines. Hope we'd have Euro 4 fuels sold by all gas companies already by then or else they might be using dirty fuel as an excuse for not bringing the GDI engines here.

Really hope they'd bring in the Mazda 5, spruce up the CX7 with 4WD and better engines and no smiling faces please!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Diesel nalang naman ang Euro II eh.

Since 2002, Euro IV emission na ang cars ng Honda, nothing failed because of the fuel quality.

CX-5 = ASX = Soul.

Sila magkasing liit eh, masyado malaki Tucson, CR-V at Rav-4 para sa CX-5..

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hay ang Hyundai naman kasi, ayaw yati maging mas-successful pa sa market. If it really is the case with the fuel, I'd hope the Euro 4 diesels from all oil companies will come in time for the Skyactive diesels to come here. I'd like to see what a diesel with a 5000+rpm redline can do. :devil:

But I wonder why on the article from the Philippine Star about the Euro 4 diesel from Unioil, they said they might be bringing in Euro 4 gasoline sometime by the middle or end of this year? And if it is Euro 4, then siguro they don't have to add E10 na. Is it really because of the Euro 4 fuel or are Honda engines just that good?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    GDi isn't the key to a more-successful market.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Mazda's 2012 Four new models