New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    to all mazda3 owners, Just bought my mz3 a few months back and just noticed (dont know why it took me so long) that the gear shift when in Park and you step on the breaks has a clicking sound... Brought car to mazda makati and they said that is normal so I tried a few cars in the service area and its true, all had same sound everytime the Gear shift was in Park and I stepped on the breaks the clicking sound is heard (and felt in gear shift)... Was told that it was the locking mechanism being disengaged so car can be put into gear. Is that true? Does anyone know if this can be fixed... It is a very annoying sound.... Please assist...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    parang may naririnig akong ganyan sa gen1 crv ko dati and sa bimmer

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it's the locking sound, why would you want to remove it? Ganyan talaga ang mga automatics, if it doesn't lock in "Park", you're in danger of starting the car in gear when parked, which could ruin your transmission.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

di po nasstart ang matic sa other position po-->P at N lang.. may switch sa selector po na nasa baba(tranny part)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lock yan. kahit sa mazda familia ko na matic ganyan. its a security measure na kapag hindi ka nakatapak sa brakes, hindi mo mapipindot yung button ng shifter to move it to R.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Same with my Sentra GS A/T, may ganyang sound din. I think its normal.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    meron din sa lancer pizza ko dati pero mahina lang, sa gen 1 crv ng sis ko meron din, sa GV din nya, meron pero mahina din lang.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thank you to all for all the inputs and insites!!! I thought that the sound can be stoped or at lease minimized, I guess not..:peace:

Mazda3 Tranny noice - Standard???