New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Based on several months research and reading forums, I have decided to get myself a Tribute

They currently have a new set of rims installed for the 2.3L but I prefer the original ones better so I'm requesting to have the original ones installed instead.

Looking forward to the delivery of this unit :kick:

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Nadagdagan na ba ng color variants ang Tribute? Before (or maybe til now), the only available colors were beigs (champagne), silver (yung amin), black & white. Sana may red

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    Nadagdagan na ba ng color variants ang Tribute? Before (or maybe til now), the only available colors were beigs (champagne), silver (yung amin), black & white. Sana may red
    3ple4,

Since I'm the last one who posted here, I guess I'm a bit updated on this

So far, they still have the same 4 basic colors: gold, silver, white & black. As I understood the sales person, they have released several shades of gold and silver already; maybe one each year. I have been offered for example, 3 gold shades in the past few months: platinum, omega and now harvest plus your champagne, a total of 4 shades of gold na.

There was a blue; bright blue daw but was discontinued. Dunno if anybody bought this.

So for people who has decided on the Tribute/Escape platform but do not like to colors that Mazda offers, might as well get an Escape, which has more choices. The Mazda people believe that the factory is more biased toward the selling the Ford brand to the point (daw) that they held the delivery of Mazda 3s when the Focus was launched; just compare the choices you can get from Ford as compared to Mazda.

The Mazda dealer for example, would like to sell and bring in the CX7 but the factory does not want to and would not allow (daw) the Mazda group to bring in the CX7 since they are assembling the Escape/Tribute in Sta Rosa

BTW, Mazda is about to launch a Mazda3 2.0L hatchback daw; what, to compete with the Focus again? :naughty2:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just some feedback from occasionally using my mom's tribby:
    1) not bouncy, and not too much body roll from a vehicle of its height. my impression of it is it's like a tall 1.6-2.0L sedan.

2) i would agree with your impression that perhaps the gear ratios are what's causing the tribby to have a relatively harder time going uphill. i don't think the engine is weak, and that it lacks torque. i just think the gear ratios are more suited for driving on plains rather than hills and mountains. btw, it was a friend of mine who said the v6 tribby he drove was having a hard time climbing. my closest observation on this is via an escape v6 scaling some fast mountainous freeways in california.

3) ford escape v6. honda cr-v gen 2. hyundai sta. fe gen 1

4) relatively an old car. it's design, tho IMO less conservative than the escape's is on the bland side. its gem of an engine 3.0L v6 tho powerful is thirsty.

Congrats mojojojo!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Akala ko Ford & Mazda are under one group?? Tapos ngayon, kinakawawa ng Ford ang Mazda. Sobra naman sila. Malamang kasi alam ng Ford na physically better looking ang Mazda vehicles. Grabe naman, pati ba naman diyan, may pulitika

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hi. i'm selling my dension ipod integration kit for the mazda tribute. its only compatible with the mazda tribute head unit. i'm sellng it for 8k(neg). u can contact me at 0917-8126075 or 0922-8831760 for more info. thanks

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    just some feedback from occasionally using my mom's tribby:

1) not bouncy, and not too much body roll from a vehicle of its height. my impression of it is it's like a tall 1.6-2.0L sedan.

2) i would agree with your impression that perhaps the gear ratios are what's causing the tribby to have a relatively harder time going uphill. i don't think the engine is weak, and that it lacks torque. i just think the gear ratios are more suited for driving on plains rather than hills and mountains. btw, it was a friend of mine who said the v6 tribby he drove was having a hard time climbing. my closest observation on this is via an escape v6 scaling some fast mountainous freeways in california.

3) ford escape v6. honda cr-v gen 2. hyundai sta. fe gen 1

4) relatively an old car. it's design, tho IMO less conservative than the escape's is on the bland side. its gem of an engine 3.0L v6 tho powerful is thirsty.

Congrats mojojojo!
    Thank you IMm29 & 3pl4 for your feedbacks Got my unit delivered last week.

I was seriously contemplating on getting the V6 model as the unit cost difference between the 2.3L & 3.0L was not that much (I really like the way the 3.0L accelerates :attack: ) but I cut short my daydreaming; I might regret it later when the gas bill comes along

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    latest spy pic for the Tribute...

seems that it stll wont adopt Mazda's zoom zoom philosophy in its styling...or maybe its just the camo.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    After driving our Tribute 2.3 for a month or so, I find the engine good enough for my driving style. Overtaking on highways is not bad ... fuel consumption is around 7km/li and with hiways around 9-9.5km/li (w/o trying to conserve fuel). This is acceptable.

However, my only comment is when you press down the accelarator to go faster, the car seems to hold back first before downshifting then accelarates. My expeience with other AT cars is direct downshift and the engine will roar. Is this normal or is it my driving?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Can't say much about the downshifting, as I've got limited driving miles on our V6 Tribby. But all I can say is that it goes, when you want it, at least for the few times I tried it.

And that consumption is good for a 2.3L.

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast