New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi everyone, I'm new here and I'm first-time car owner. Just wanted to know if I got a good deal and what other things I need to be cognizant of since I'm buying a 2nd-hard car.

- Car was owned by a relative of friend who is going to the US. It is a Mazda 3 S Black 2009. Less than a year old
    - I paid 120K and I'll continue the monthly ammortization of about 16K for a little over 4 years.

Haven't seen the car yet as my friend who is a car-owner is taking care of all the paperworks. He assured me that the car is in good condition, and low mileage.

Here are my questions:

- Have I gotten a good deal?
    - What other documents do I need to get from him apart from the Deed of Sale?
    - Are there any manuals/kits/package documentation that I need to get from him as well?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Xeds

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1.6 car? How much did he pay down on it? Should at least subtract 100k from the down. One year old or not, that's still a used car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    AFAIK.

You could get a BRAND new vehicle from the price you've paid.

Mazda offers low dp for budgeted buyers.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeds25 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new here and I'm first-time car owner. Just wanted to know if I got a good deal and what other things I need to be cognizant of since I'm buying a 2nd-hard car.

- Car was owned by a relative of friend who is going to the US. It is a Mazda 3 S Black 2009. Less than a year old
    - I paid 120K and I'll continue the monthly ammortization of about 16K for a little over 4 years.

Haven't seen the car yet as my friend who is a car-owner is taking care of all the paperworks. He assured me that the car is in good condition, and low mileage.

Here are my questions:

- Have I gotten a good deal?
    - What other documents do I need to get from him apart from the Deed of Sale?
    - Are there any manuals/kits/package documentation that I need to get from him as well?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Xeds

Sorry but that's a bad deal. 120k plus (16 * 48) = 888k, that's the value of a brand new mazda3. Fine, that comes with the bank interest but still, you could have bought yourself a brand new car with the same grade.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Pwede ka pa bang magback-out ? If yes, magback out ka ASAP then, get a BRAND NEW vehicle. Altis 1.6G or Honda Civic 1.8V kaya ng budget mo.

bad deal sir! consider getting pickup truck or suv instead.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    grabe luge ka! di ka ba nag-compute

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    He paid 150K

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    1.6 car? How much did he pay down on it? Should at least subtract 100k from the down. One year old or not, that's still a used car.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    AFAIK.

You could get a BRAND new vehicle from the price you've paid.

Mazda offers low dp for budgeted buyers.
    Thanks renzo. Yeah, tried getting from Mazda GH, they approved me for 30% down, not the 85k or 20%.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Thanks guys for the reply. Now I know. Sigh...

Actually, I tried to get a brand new 2010 mazda 3, but they approved me for 30% dp.

So, anong papers yung mga kelangan kong kunin sa kanya...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Is This A Good Deal?