New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Launch of the third generation Mazda Miata in the Philippines

The 2008 Manila International Auto Show (MIAS) held annually in the World Trade Center, attracts local motoring enthusiasts who come out in droves to see the ***iest cars and the hottest models; and the Mazda booth definitely had fine examples of both. The highlight of the Mazda MX-5 launch, hosted by the svelte Sarah Meier, was the moment of the grand reveal, at which point two mysterious models pulled down their hoods simultaneously with the Mazda MX-5’s Retractable Hard Top revealing drop-dead gorgeous looks. The audience stunned by what they saw erupted in applause. The models, of course, had their share of admiring glances as well.

This year’s MIAS aptly themed “Imagination in Motion” stirred the excitement of the motoring press who eagerly anticipated the release of the new car models, especially the all-new MX-5. Mr. Eric Malimban, the marketing manager of Mazda Philippines expressed his excitement about the third-generation Miata saying, “the Mazda MX-5 RHT is the epitome of Mazda’s stylish, innovative brand essence and the realization of the Zoom-Zoom spirit Mazda is known for.”

The multi-awarded MX-5 is the most popular open-top sports car in the world ever since it debuted almost twenty years ago and even has a Guinness world record for being the top-selling car of its kind. In order to live up to the legacy, the design team had to push the limits of innovation while making sure that the essential character of the classic Miata remains the same.

Impossible, even paradoxical, but not for the new Mazda MX-5 design team. The power RHT is the world’s fastest as it takes only 12 seconds to open or close. The roof has three parts which fit seamlessly together and electronically folds into a storage space behind the seats. This mechanism is the world’s first RHT system that doesn’t take up any of the 150L trunk space.

Obsessive attention to detail is key in achieving the Mazda MX-5’s 50/50 perfect weight distribution. Every single gram must be accounted for because, combined with its low yaw-inertia moment, this translates to the nimble handling that makes the driver feel as one with the car. The moment you take the wheel: you and the car become a single unit joined in the joy of the road. This is further enhanced by the powerful drive feeling you get thanks to the new MX-5’s MZR 2.0L engine which can reach 190 Nm of torque and maxes out at 166 hp, specially tuned so that when revved it produces an exhilarating engine note. While negotiating turns, steering feels as if you’re on rails because of the Rack-and-pinion with Engine-rpm-sensing Variable Assist.

The car responds to your every wish—almost before you think of it—and suddenly driving becomes fun again.The new Mazda MX-5 is a true roadster that’s not just fun to drive but also fun to own because it creates such a true sense of pride in ownership. Who wouldn’t want to be seen driving around the Mazda MX-5 with the top-down?

The all-new Mazda MX-5 is offered at an introductory price of P1.999M and is currently creating excitement at the showrooms of the dealerships of Mazda Alabang, Mazda Greenhills, Mazda Makati, Mazda Quezon Avenue and the newly opened Mazda Cebu and Mazda Pampanga. Interested parties can schedule a test drive of the all-new Mazda MX-5 RHT by calling the Mazda Hotline at tel. no.85-MAZDA (85-62932) or by requesting on-line at www.mazda.com.ph .
    From: http://www.tsikot.com/press-releases...onal-auto.html

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i was test drove the red mx-5 unit that mazda had on MIAS the other day... grabe sarap i-drive! i thought i was only doing 70kph pero 70mph on the straightaway na pala. this is the first time i drove a top down roadster... it was one hell of an experience. steering is sharp and precise. I like the weighted feel of it (similar to the old mazda 6, the new 6 is too light for my taste.), grip was good, the sound was pure N/A glory! revving it close to 7k. 0-100kph takes around 7 sec according to reviews. the downside is that it feels really really cramp... very uncomfy pag stuck sa traffic or long trips.

sayang lang medyo mahal at 1.99m pero fully loaded naman e. if they can bring it down to 1.5m baka masmaraming bumili.

Mazda MX-5 RHT Launched Locally at the 2008 Manila International Auto Show