New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Would like to know where to find the "fuel pump" on a 1998 Mazda MPV vehicle. I'm planning to replace the pump this weekend and I just need to know where it is located. I need to see it first before buying a replacement.

Please help.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by k2lm View Post
    Would like to know where to find the "fuel pump" on a 1998 Mazda MPV vehicle. I'm planning to replace the pump this weekend and I just need to know where it is located. I need to see it first before buying a replacement.

Please help.
    the fuel pump is located inside the fuel tank as with most fuel injected engines. you will need to run the tank to almost empty because you need to drop the whole fuel tank.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sir Jick,

Would you know (or recommend) a particular brand of fuel pump as replacement?

pls advise.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    recently repaired a Mazda MPV V6 Engine (converted RHD to LHD). The fuel pump is located at the 2nd row seat, behind the front passenger seat. Need to remove back seat and carpet. There is a access hole which is covered by a plate. You can remove the fuel pump/float assembly there. I don't know if this would apply to your MPV.

Mazda MPV Fuel Pump Location