New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    in Japan ;)

Mazda has just released a refreshed version of its Demio sub-compact car in its home market of Japan. The big news for the 2012MY Demio, which we know here as the Mazda2, is the introduction of the brand new “13-SKYACTIV” model grade equipped with a suite of fuel-saving technologies most important of which is the “SKYACTIV-G 1.3” 1.3-liter direct-injection gasoline engine.
    The four-cylinder powerplant features a record high compression ratio of 14.0:1 and puts out 84-horsepower at 5,400 rpm and 112 Nm (82.6 lb-ft) of peak torque at 4,000 rpm. It is coupled to a standard Continuously Variable Transmission and according to the Japanese norms, it’s fuel economy is rated at 30km/lt (equal to 3.33 lt/100 km or 70.6 mpg US).

The Demio 13-SKYACTIV comes equipped with an improved i-stop (start and stop) system and unique to this model aero-parts such as an engine under cover and a rear roof spoiler to control airflow above and below the body. Other bespoke features include a blue metallic engine cover, blue headlight rings and an exclusive rear badge.

On the more gimmicky side, Mazda developed a system named i-DM that monitors the movement of the steering wheel, accelerator and brake pedals, as well as the vehicle speed, to inform the driver about his skills through a gauge and colored lights on the dashboard. “The score from each trip is used to calculate a driving skill level, from Stage 1 to Stage 3. By progressing through the stages, drivers can feel that their driving skills are improving,” says Mazda.

Regardless of grade, all 2012 Demios feature increased body rigidity, retuned dampers, and improved bush characteristics for the rear trailing arm mounts, plus a new five-point grille and redesigned seats.

Mazda began taking pre-orders today for the facelifted Demio with first deliveries scheduled for June 30, 2011 Prices in Japan range from 1,149,000 yen to 1,621,750 yen (~US$14,400 to $20,300).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005

SkyActiv-G engine
    Power and fuel consumption of the car, but the better the compression ratio of the engine is high, the common sense of the world there was a limit to this. Delving into areas Mazda had given up, and impossible for anyone, but technology innovation. The world ※ 1 developed a gasoline engine with 14.0 compression ratio SKYACTIV-G1.3 high, was installed in the car ahead of Mazda Demio 13-SKYACTIV all. With no assist, such as electric motors, it was achieved 25.0km / L fuel-efficient cars and hybrid equivalent value (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. JC08 mode fuel efficiency) finally.
    (Standard on 13-SKYACTIV)

i-Stop - Mazda idle stop/start system
    i-stop, the idling stop system that Mazda's own. Automatically restarts automatically stops the engine when you stop stepping on the brake, release the brake. I-stop of the new Demio, realize the "restart moment" that only about 0.35 seconds. Operation without the need for any special amount of time it takes to restart the amount of fuel, was reduced to about half of the conventional systems, such as in town often repeated starting and stopping, in a scene normally use, you can save gasoline wise .
    (Standard on 13-SKYACTIV)

CVT
    13-SKYACTIV, the driving force control scheme to control and integrate the CVT engine. Pursuit of sensation and traveling can feel that the motion of the car, has led to a smooth, 25.0Km / L ※ 2 has also contributed to the low fuel consumption.
    13C-V SMART EDITION II is, of performance and excellent fuel economy MZR 1.3L [Miller Cycle engine, the combination of the CVT does not shift shock.
    SPORT and CVT is also set to 15C. Of SPORT CVT with manual mode is a 7-speed with the steering wheel shift switch.

0.29cd
    To improve fuel economy, reduce the resistance of the air not to be missed born while driving, also improves aerodynamic performance. New Demio has adopted a body effective design to reduce air resistance and sporty. Moreover, sticking to the flow of air under the car, was equipped with a rear aero parts leads to efficient air. Class in the ingenuity of these ※ 3 to achieve a Cd value 0.29 (13-SKYACTIV), has contributed to the realization of top-level outstanding fuel economy.

---> What value Cd?
    Stands for Constant Drag, is that the coefficients of air resistance. The size of the air resistance, since obtained by the "projected area of ​​the front of the car value × Cd", will be about big cars, big air resistance that even with a small value is Cd. Well, would use the power of the engine in order to counteract that resistance, it will consume fuel to waste the greater the air resistance. In addition, the air resistance is proportional to the square of vehicle speed. In other words, what at high speeds, the small value of Cd is effective, and contributes to fuel efficiency and driving performance.

Lightened but strengthened
    To move a heavy object is to require a large force, weight of the vehicle has a significant impact on fuel economy and driving performance. To run more efficiently, without excess fat will not be stripped. Demio SKYACTIV-G1.3 engine, the lighter one until the parts thoroughly. Body is to use a lot of steel with high rigidity, we have both a lightweight and high rigidity. In other words, the synergistic effect of light and strong body with good light and efficient engine,
    25.0Km / L 4 ※ It has achieved a fuel efficiency and low-light running (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport examination value. JC08 mode fuel efficiency).

i-DM - intelligent Drive Master
    We thought you might enjoy a more comfortable drive all the people who according to the ever-changing driving conditions, driving operation is appropriate if you can always ride. To support the improvement of operation with such operation, has been adopted to 13-SKYACTIV (Intelligent Drive master) i-DM also help improve fuel efficiency of new development. Coaching and teaching function to evaluate function in real time the operation of the driver while driving, leading to good driving, eco-driving more fun begins.

------>The concept of i-DM

Mazda's i-DM is not the only system to pursue a low fuel consumption. The important thing is to enjoy the driving itself to customers more than anything else. Be able to drive to support more fuel-efficient, on top of it. This is the concept of i-DM.

To determine whether the effect in real time operation of the driver accelerator, brake and steering, and how the movement of the car, and displayed in the color of the lamp to gauge (MID) multi-information display. The state of the operating conditions at that time at a glance, can be driving skills while enjoying the ride, eco-driving can also help.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ser Basti08, mukhang Machine (Google) translated ata 'to na post nyo? hehe.
    ok talaga i-Stop system ng Mazda...the only one of its kind in the World that
    doesn't use high-capacity Starter Motors.....so mas mabilis sya...

sa tutuo lang madami silang magagandang technology na sana i-share nila outside of JDM
    if they really want to grow market share....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    oo, kaya barok hahaha! sensya, i really wanna share this lang kasi.

sensya for being too much of a fan boy hehehe

btw, that i-DM feature is similar to a Ford Fusion Hybrid among other fuel misers.

without the complex battery hybrid coupled with conventional engine.

impressive if i may say.

the whole package itself is impressive.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Two thumbs up for Mazda for creating this hybrid like performance sub compact car. If they could create 1.3 Skyactive engines, why are taking them so long to create 1.6 and 1.8 skyactive engines? These engines could have been a perfect engines for 2nd gen Mazda 3 or even for Mazda 2(1.6L)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lamborghinione View Post
    Two thumbs up for Mazda for creating this hybrid like performance sub compact car. If they could create 1.3 Skyactive engines, why are taking them so long to create 1.6 and 1.8 skyactive engines? These engines could have been a perfect engines for 2nd gen Mazda 3 or even for Mazda 2(1.6L)
    I think that is in the pipeline... they can't really abandon the 1.6L class. It's still the majority of compact car sales. Even Mitsu tried to dump it with the Lancer EX but then what? They're now introducing a 1.6L MIVEC but----after 4 years!!! Holy sh!t, I hope Mazda isn't that as slow.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Ganda, too giod to be true,
    Question is, lalabas ba to sa atin?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Ganda nga...di pa man nilalabas satin napapaisip tuloy ako.