New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    i was just looking at the US price and spec. if they come out with the full-spec version, aabot ng 2M nga yun. still worth it! btw, who do you think is considered its direct competitor?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by zzoom
    i was just looking at the US price and spec. if they come out with the full-spec version, aabot ng 2M nga yun. still worth it! btw, who do you think is considered its direct competitor?
    yung higher variant ng RX-8 (250hp) for sure malapit yan sa P2M mark... but am computing for the detuned one (200hp). cheaper by around $2,000 in SRP.

there are rumours that nissan will bring the Z here! that is its direct competitor... both performance and price wise... and also the S2000 should Honda officially bring it here (which they should have done even through indent order).

the Z4 is also a competitor, although pang medyo richie rich na yan...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    i heard rumors that the Z will come close to the 3M mark (i'm talking nissan here and not bmw!)! if that's the case, the rx8 will be the best-value sports car around.

fuel consumption is not too high considering the hp out put. its rated at 10km/l for the detuned manual and 9 for the full sport.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i sure hope they bring the RX8 here, and price it within the P2M (or, hopefully, much less range.)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It definitely would cost around 2.2 to 2.3M as it belongs in the P112,000 and 40% of amount in excess of 1.1M bracket. I would use the US SRP of $30,000, as this is the price that gray market importers would be using to compute for taxes. And don't forget to add 10% VAT. Official dealers' prices are never lower than gray market importers. Let's just pray the official dealers wouldn't grow horns and tails when the law takes effect, I fear dealers would think there would be a lot of buyers willing to pay even if they overpriced the rx-8 to 3m for because it should've cost 4m under the old system and buyers already saved a lot of money. The more people who know how to compute for taxes, the better.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hindi po ba according to displacement ang new tax laws?? ??

kasi pag ganun ka bracket ng RX8 ang 1.3 cars ^_^ hehehe

go rotary!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a121,
    yes, currently we're under the engine displacement based taxation scheme. But the new value-based scheme takes effect sometime mid-october. Its a good thing you brought this up, because one could actually save about a hundred thousand bucks if you import an 1300cc RX-8 under the old engine displacement based scheme. You can have this beauty for around 2.1M.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by stelvio
    a121,
    yes, currently we're under the engine displacement based taxation scheme. But the new value-based scheme takes effect sometime mid-october. Its a good thing you brought this up, because one could actually save about a hundred thousand bucks if you import an 1300cc RX-8 under the old engine displacement based scheme. You can have this beauty for around 2.1M.
    too bad ... because by the time mazda hits our shores, it would probably fall under the new scheme which means a higher tax bracket :worried:

anyway, the ad says: "do more than just own it. own the dealership." ... hell yeah! if i had the money ...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    oh. i see. ^_^

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by M54 Powered
    i think you might be referring to the rx-7, which has a twin-turbo rotary that can easily be modded to 600+ hp. the rx-8 is an NA rotary making about 250 hp, and not quite as easily modded....although i suppose the aftermarket will develop turbo kits for it soon...
    That's right M54. it's hte rx7 i'm talking about. I personally like the
    design of the new range of mazda. i think mazda 6 competitor will be the euro accord and new camry (V6 variants).

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
MAZDA to hit Philippine shores again!!!