New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Any owner opinion on these or it's brother the Ford Freda. I am seeing them more and more for sale and not to bad of a price, Looks like the are a bit more loaded than the Delica. And it's got the same engine as the ranger and everest so parts for at least the engine should not be hard to come by. I'm just wondering if they share brakes or suspension parts with any local vehicles.

Not to shabby on power either 122hp and 212lbs of Torque, higher than a 2.5 starex or 2.8 spacegear. Plus it's not as heafty as the starex which I am not loving parking or backing out when I am back in the Philipines. Basically looking as something a bit smaller with good options and power. And it's not to hard to find one that is 4 wheel drive as well.
    Last edited by dvldoc; August 22nd, 2009 at 11:24 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I Just paid an initial downpayment for a Bongo this week.
    And hopefully i'll be able to bring it home by next week.

The unit i got is a 2wd (para less hassle sa pang ilalim), & AT.
    W/ airbag, climate control, DIN type stereo w/ lcd tv, and with abs yata.
    They said that rear brake is disc type, pero sayang di ko nasilip yung sa unit na napili ko.

As per feedback, consumption is around 9 to 13 km/L (daw).
    Engine is strong, and parts are easy to find (daw) in metro manila.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I wonder if a original LHD rack from a ranger or everest will fit it.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    bump for some more comments on the Friendee reliability and parts availability like brakes, suspension ect.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Bump for some more opinions

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    up po natin

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    hello everyone.
    balak ko pong kumuha nito.
    kumusta po ang feedback nyo sa performance and parts availabilty.
    salamat po,

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi guys!

My girlfriend's family owns one. And I must say it's one sturdy and reliable vehicle!

Best example for this is during Ondoy, nabaha na siya more than half ng buong van, pero nabuhay parin without doing any major repairs. Other than that, sinusugod nila sa headlight high floods at nakakatakbo parin.

They use it daily for their logistics business. Although marami na ring pinagawa, most were part of the normal wear and tear, anyway it's a 2nd hand import vehicle, and I believe nakakakuha naman ng parts in reasonable prices sa Banawe. The engine is good and it's actually fast.

As long as you maintain it quite well, I don't think you'll have too much problems with it.
    Last edited by kotiko; August 6th, 2010 at 01:18 PM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yup very reliable ito, and very fast
    Akala ko before basta automatic ay malata tumakbo, pero not with Friendee 2wd
    So Far 1year na siya air filter pa lang at change oil ako, consistent naman ang feedback from autoshop na available mga pang ilalim nito.

Sir Kotiko, share naman po ng mga pinalitan na nila
    And brand ng ipinalit po para may future reference po kami.
    Tnx!!! po in advance.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    My in-laws have this van and more than 4 years na sya sa kanila and wala pa sya major na problem other than the wear & Tear which is normal naman. But last week according sa Father-inlaw ko when he was driving sa NLEX at about 100KPH bigla na lang parang ayan na humatak. parang na stock na yung gears nya sa low gear at kahit anong apak nya sa accelarator e ayaw na umakyat yun speed nya hanggang 60KPH lang raw. Any idea kung ano problem nito? The van is an A/T by the way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Mazda friendee