New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    We bought a new car Mazda CX7 last Dec 31,2009 at pasong tamo

About the car:
    The car has poor cooling system. You have to wait longer for the air to cool down and according to the dealer it was made that way. ( how come, it should cater to the type of market they have which is in a tropical country). Secondly for a short duration of our used we heard sounds like a loose up screws at the carriage side . (no idea where it came from). Plus the parts are imported so you have do the waiting thing if you ever had repairs.

About the insurance:
    with in house FEDERAL insurance.We have no choice but to get the unfamiliar and expensive insurance which is tie up with the car. And just a couple of month we brought the car to casa for a repair due to a minor collision and just found out that the minimum participation fee is P15K.the total cost is around 19K which mean as a consumer we have to pay the 15k. We had tried other insurance previously and compared the prices. Other insurance is much cheaper and participation fee is minimal around 3K.

My question is:
    1) Can the car dealer impose to consumer on the insurance, is that legal to begin with?consumer should have the right to choose their insurance.
    2) Can we complain on the overpricing of participation fee?
    3) Is it possible that the noise that we heard and cooling system is factory damage.what to do then?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Sir, 15K seems to be just right participation Fee....majority of Big Car Insurance firm had the same policy which is 1% of the Total Insured Value of the Vehicle. If am not mistaken your car is around 1.5M so 15K equates to that 1% of insured amount.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hanelg View Post
    About the car:
    The car has poor cooling system. You have to wait longer for the air to cool down and according to the dealer it was made that way. ( how come, it should cater to the type of market they have which is in a tropical country). Secondly for a short duration of our used we heard sounds like a loose up screws at the carriage side . (no idea where it came from). Plus the parts are imported so you have do the waiting thing if you ever had repairs.
    Seriously, your fault. Didn't even try a test drive? Buy now, complain later. :/

About the insurance:
    with in house FEDERAL insurance.We have no choice but to get the unfamiliar and expensive insurance which is tie up with the car. And just a couple of month we brought the car to casa for a repair due to a minor collision and just found out that the minimum participation fee is P15K.the total cost is around 19K which mean as a consumer we have to pay the 15k. We had tried other insurance previously and compared the prices. Other insurance is much cheaper and participation fee is minimal around 3K.
    Isa pa 'to. Why'd you HAVE to get the UNFAMILIAR and EXPENSIVE insurance? You could always have gone to another dealer or another car brand if they were trying to strong-arm you into going for their inhouse insurance. If you really wanted the car but not their insurance, you coulda just waited a little more (see explanation below).

My question is:
    1) Can the car dealer impose to consumer on the insurance, is that legal to begin with?consumer should have the right to choose their insurance.
    2) Can we complain on the overpricing of participation fee?
    3) Is it possible that the noise that we heard and cooling system is factory damage.what to do then?
    1. Pumayag ka, so it no longer matters.
    You could have moved to another mazda dealer OR just have waited longer for a unit (usually car dealers might put you in the 'priority' list if you take their inhouse insurance). Yes, not fair. But that's life. There are always other car manufacturers more than willing to take your money anyway.

2. No, because you've already bought in. Shop around for cheaper insurances in the future when your current 3-year one finishes.

3. Rattling noises is common. Paayusin mo nalang. The cooling system - if all other CX7s are the same, you're stuck with it.

Sorry to sound a bit rude, but you really should have done your homework before buying that 1.5M car. :/
    Last edited by mda; May 15th, 2010 at 01:27 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    Sir, 15K seems to be just right participation Fee....majority of Big Car Insurance firm had the same policy which is 1% of the Total Insured Value of the Vehicle. If am not mistaken your car is around 1.5M so 15K equates to that 1% of insured amount.

Actually, for other insurance providers like standard, prudential and mafre, their participation fee is only .5% so it should just be around Php 7,500. You should have requested for a different insurance provider.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The CX7s aircon is really not for our hot weather.

A lot of insurance companies now charge only 3K for participation. I also have a CX7, but I chose my own insurance company, thus my participation is only 3K.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    so far, my cooling is okay. i keep it at 22 to 23 degrees and initially at fan speed 2-3 when starting it for the first time and then gradually lowering it to 1 as the car's interior cools down. by the way, my front windshield and driver's and front passenger's side windows are still untinted

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i also just recently purchased a car at mazda pasong tamo. i remember the sa telling me their in-house insurance is federal, but i can opt to get my own insurance and better if its accredited to any mazda dealers as well. i still chose federal in the end.

about the cooling system, i am starting to think every mazda suffers from this problem? the mazda 2 i have now has a relatively weaker aircon compared to our veracruz. but i guess that is comparing apples and oranges since they are not in the same vehicle class.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    aba...ganun pala been with Mafpre for 4years na and same pa rin ung qoute nila saken na 1% of insured vehicle..tsk tsk..time to bargain na ulet ah..buti na lang na update ako dito.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Yup, medyo mahina cooling system (especially one coming from a XTrail User)....but its no deal breaker for me.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    anyone else have any issues with the CX-7 other than the cooling system? i guess the cooling system is not really an issue as it is dependent on each driver's/passenger's preference and tolerance. for me, it is a non-issue

so far, i have no issues with mine (be it electronics, steering, transmission, rattles, suspension etc) and should i be worried or be thankful

odometer reads 4,300km ++ and still zoom zooming

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Mazda CX-7  Complain