New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    Casa dont recommend using a non istop battery, so, use at your own risk.

During heavy traffic, i always deactivate istop but during moderate or light traffic, im using it. Istop batteries are not made for our traffic situation here in metro manila, will surely deteriorate fast.

Sent from my QUEST phone using Tapatalk
    What's the diff with non-istop batts?

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    The i-Stop batteries (either from official Mazda or Motolite-branded) are deep-cycle types. They can be discharged to less than 50% their capacity and atill work. Normal car batteries at that condition has to be discarded. Downaide is they are heavier and morw expensive.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    I would expect if you service thru dealers it will be more expensive than your toyotas or hondas.

babawiin talaga ng mazda yan yoijin, either thru their srp yan imputted na or thru future services and parts sales that is more expensive than usual.

Not long ago i inquired in two dealerships cost of the cabin filter and its 3500 if i recall, thats as expensive as bmw cabin filter, dealers price. Smuggled oems 1500 only.

Toyotas, hyundais, etc ave 1500 only at dealers, cheaper outside, and even more cheaper if oem.

I expect the other consumables to be priced higher also than usual.

Like what others have mentioned have it serviced in your trusted mechanic, cheaper and you know service is really done and done properly.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    More like built in na sa SRP.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    I joined this site to ask questions about pickup trucks. Isuzu DMax to be exact. But we reviewed our priorities and settle for a car instead. I've searched online for different variants, according to our needs, and decided to go with Mazda 3 Skyactiv V. That Yojin3 offer is hard to resist and not to mention, this car is a looker. Were planning to buy it this week and even pay the reservation fee for the color we want. So yes, is it really that expensive to own a Mazda vehicle after the Yojin3 expires? Are the parts that rare compared to Ford vehicles? Were planning to keep the car for more than 5 years.
    Last edited by new_2_cars; July 25th, 2016 at 06:16 PM. Reason: grammar

6. Join Date
    May 2016
    must dispose of my mazda 6 before yojin expires, less than 2 yrs palang already changed batt 3 times already

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rfj View Post
    must dispose of my mazda 6 before yojin expires, less than 2 yrs palang already changed batt 3 times already
    2 years, 3 batteries already? Is it that bad?

Maybe you can switch off the i-stop system and let the car run on the usual engine power. It may not be as efficient as Mazda claim it to be but it may preserve the battery longer than a year.

8. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    2 years, 3 batteries already? Is it that bad?

Maybe you can switch off the i-stop system and let the car run on the usual engine power. It may not be as efficient as Mazda claim it to be but it may preserve the battery longer than a year.
    Never used the i-stop sir, i'd make sure its always turned off, even dealership don't have any idea what to do.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Never used the i-stop sir, i'd make sure its always turned off, even dealership don't have any idea what to do.
    Do other Mazda6 owners encounter the same thing? Have you tried using a different brand of deep-cycle batteries?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Something is wrong with your system or maybe pangit ang battery na binibigay sa iyo. Dapat under warranty yan and 1 strike pa, pwede ka na mag-invoke ng lemon law

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
MAZDA Cost of Maintenance/Ownership after YOJIN 3