New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,089
    #1
    The new Mazda 6 can be test driven at all Mazda dealers (Alabang, Greenhills, Quezon Avenue) this weekend only. Sept 16-18.

    I wonder what kind of test drive will this be? Atras-abante? Hopefully not. But test driving on public roads will not fun given the extra amount of precaution to be taken into consideration compared to the near deserted roads at the defunct informal car test site for all, the Fort.

  2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,089
    #2
    I finally got to test drive the Mazda 6 this afternoon. There was no line and it was just me in the dealer who was interested with testing the car. I cannot say much about the handling or acceleration since I drove it in (sometimes very) slow-moving traffic condition ( and on a heavily pot-holed highway, if you can still call it that).

    Some random thoughts...

    *All Mazda 6 are imported CBU straight from the land of the rising sun (Japan).

    * I dont really rely on mirrors for backing-up so is it just me or what, the car has some bad blind spots when looking at the back (from the driver's point of view) which was further exacerbated by the rear seat headrests, which makes backing the car an inconvenient chore.

    *The rear wheel wells are covered by a material that is usually found on the hood (engine-bay side). I wonder what happens when it gets wet. For sure it will disintegrate into pulp.

    *Activating the turn signals makes it chime "tick-tick-tick..." which sounded exactly like the Ford Focus.

    *Really liked the tilt and telescoping steering adjustment, again same as the Ford Focus.

  3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,452
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    Some random thoughts...

    *All Mazda 6 are imported CBU straight from the land of the rising sun (Japan).
    so that's a good thing right?

    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    *The rear wheel wells are covered by a material that is usually found on the hood (engine-bay side). I wonder what happens when it gets wet. For sure it will disintegrate into pulp.
    when the Mazda6 (or Atenza) came out in 2002, it was already there. now i don't think Mazda is that stupid to put a material that will dis-integrate that fast (maybe 20years later sounds reasonable) though it may look like it came out of your hood. it sure is different.

    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    *Activating the turn signals makes it chime "tick-tick-tick..." which sounded exactly like the Ford Focus.

    *Really liked the tilt and telescoping steering adjustment, again same as the Ford Focus.
    the second Gen Focus only came out this year (even in Europe), so probably FoCoMo probably got it fm. Mazda, its just that you happened to test drive the car in a sequence (FOcus then MZ6) . so IMO saying ' again same as the Ford Focus ' doesn't sound right. You could perhaps say, oh that's where the Ford Focus might have gotten its inspiration... the MZ6.

Mazda 6 2.3L Weekend Test drive