New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Best Entry Level SUV: Mazda Tribute 3.0
    They must have run of contestants to choose from in this catergory. I dont know why the Tribute won. Before anyone flames me, I do agree that the Tribute gives the best value/bang-for-the-buck for the price but its really ugly inside and it feels more like a rebadged Escape. I like the Escape better.

he he he he .... I dont agree with most of the choices, but I do agree on the Mazda 6 2.3 . Its a shame though, its been the subject of many conversations and still its hardly a mainstay on the road (when compared to Accords, Camry or Cefiro).

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Ranger 2nd time na! tapos dadating pa all new Ranger! cgurado na ranger na ulit next yr hehehehe....

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    di ba entry level roughly translates to lowest of the line?.. then dapat laban ng mga 2.0l or 2.3l suvs?..i think they should rename it compact suv of the year..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    4wd pwns j00 tribute.

did they count the outlander? ;)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    lancer 1.8 mx????? bext compact car????

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Well deserved award. But, I still prefer the V6.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Best Sub compact: Hyundai Getz 1.1

Paano nangyari ito?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    Ford Ranger got the award because: Value for money, best ride in its class, ample of engine power. but that is just me.
    you said it.

you just have to drive a ranger to appreciate it. the suspension is firm but not as wobbly as the hi-lux. ample power. and best of all - the 4wd variant is priced very competitively.

Quote Originally Posted by bajumbo
    Best Sub compact: Hyundai Getz 1.1

Paano nangyari ito?
    good looks, decent features, rock bottom price.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    the mazda tribute 3.0 is also a worthy winner. name me an entry lever/compact SUV that is a better all-around performer than the tribute. well, i could name one, but it hasn't made it to RP yet.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT
    the mazda tribute 3.0 is also a worthy winner. name me an entry lever/compact SUV that is a better all-around performer than the tribute. well, i could name one, but it hasn't made it to RP yet.
    it is gonna be here... very soon! ;)

and yes... the tribute does deserve that award. it has the most features against other entry-level SUVs available here (sunroof, steering wheel mounted audio controls, puddle lamps, 2.3L engine for the base variant, dinner trays for the rear passenger, etc.).

and you really can't argue with the 160hp / 210hp engines either. hehe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Mazda 6 2.3 wins the 2006 Car of the Year (COTY) award