New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hi!

I'm planning to buy a 97 323 LX 1.3 smallbody, 1st owner, 112k kms, orig paint for 105k. Ok ba yung price, and this model? I've read a lot about the familia here in tsikot, but not so much about this model. Does it share some of the parts w/ the familia? How is it reliability-wise, and is the 1.3 version economical enough? Would really like to know if this car's a good buy, will be checking the car later after work. thanks in advance for the inputs

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    you're referring to the last model (round-edged body) before mazda pulled out in the 90s? better get the GL. It has all power features compared to the barebones LX. And check if it's not an ex-taxi.

visit www.protegetech.org/forums/index.php

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fabilioh View Post
    Hi!

I'm planning to buy a 97 323 LX 1.3 smallbody, 1st owner, 112k kms, orig paint for 105k. Ok ba yung price, and this model? I've read a lot about the familia here in tsikot, but not so much about this model. Does it share some of the parts w/ the familia? How is it reliability-wise, and is the 1.3 version economical enough? Would really like to know if this car's a good buy, will be checking the car later after work. thanks in advance for the inputs
    imho. you can still haggle the price to at least 90-95k. my pop's 97 323 GL, despite being used for only 45k kms, was only sold for 110k. super kinis pa yun and with 15" mags.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh0027 View Post
    you're referring to the last model (round-edged body) before mazda pulled out in the 90s? better get the GL. It has all power features compared to the barebones LX. And check if it's not an ex-taxi.

visit www.protegetech.org/forums/index.php

Actually the 97 LX has all power features already, w/ a 1.3 carb engine. Got to check the car last night, engine and interior is fresh, and not an ex-taxi, first owned. Just needs minor body repairs, paticularly the rear fenders, which is a known Mazda achilles heel.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think you are referring to the "box type" body or the 323 sedan as what we PTP peeps call it.

imo, its a good car to own as a daily driver..engine is most probably a b3 carb. a hardy car with a decent engine for city driving.

our current chairman owns the same, 323 sedan 1.3l all power, all stock. doesnt have any qualms about it..owned it since 96.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

MAZDA 323 smallbody