New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is there a difference between mazda glx and mazda familia glx both year 1997? if yes, what are they? and is thee a model called mazdaspeed? if yes, what is its features?thanks!
    p.s. mazda owners, where do you bring your mazda for pms? any shop you'll recommend around las piñas-parañaque-alabang area? thanks again!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im not a mazda owner but ang pagkakaalam ko, yung mazda familia is yung bilugan na yung body compared to the mazda na kwadrado (which is called 323). mas mataas yata displacement nung familia (not sure ha?)

yung mazdaspeed, afaik, is yung katapat ng honda sir, toyota toms and mitsubishi evo.

i maybe able to help you if you are around las pinas area. my sister has a friend, who is the owner of signet las pinas (yung sa tapat ng sm southmall). dun din nya pinapagawa yung familia nya.

mazda gurus here can help you more (mazdamazda, etc.)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang alam ko yung glx ay 1.3, yung familia ay 1.6. NOT SURE.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    no, it defends. :D

the pre-1997 Mazda 323 is called the Gen1 323 or Gen1 Protege. it came in two trim levels if i'm not mistaken: LX and GLX. the GLX had power options. the LX had a 1.3L engine (carb type), the GLX had a 1.6L (which is I think EFI). this is the box type.

the 1997-up Mazda 323 is (guess what) called the Gen2 or Gen2.5 Protege. the models I'm aware of are the GLX, GLXI, and MS (Mazdaspeed). the GLX had a 1.5L or 1.6L engine (not sure) and decent trim options (all power). the GLXI added airbags and ABS (not sure on the Gen2, but the Gen2.5 does). the Mazdaspeed was like a GLXI with Eibach lowering springs, Mazdaspeed suspension parts etc. you can convert a GLXI to a MS with the appropriate parts.

i'm sure the protegetech people will have a lot more to say on this matter.

point is a "GLX" may be a Gen1 or a Gen2. "Familia" is the Japanese brand for the Protege/323. it was applied to the Gen2 (bilugin) but some people retroactively apply it to the Gen1.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dagdag sa mga sinabi ni orly_a... mazda 323 sometimes referred to by banawe boys as "sedan"...meron pa ibang variant nito..yung SE..came with spoiler and different 14 inch mags...

...and yung locally available mazdaspeed familia came with bodykits, 15 inch wheels..may 16s pa ata..mazdaspeed shocks and springs, and other mazdaspeed goodies...engine nito is the same with the familia gli and glx/i
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    luloym,

re: PMS, am not so sure if there's a authorized mazda service center way down there. ford balintawak and quezon ave are authorized mazda service centers and that's where i bring them for the occassional engine tune-up (as they have this diagnostic thingy).

but for your usual change oil, filters, and spark plugs... you can bring 'em in any reputable car shop or even gasoline stations. just don't let them tinker with your engine...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may nakita ako pearl light green na 323 sa banawe may protege na sticker all around... kanino yun?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ..medyo apple green ba?baka kay wah323 yun..bought from the owner of nankai..
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron pang 323 Lantis.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    apple green nga caloyski,
    greet ko sana kaso dehins naman niya kilala ako he..he

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
Mazda 323 / Protege /  Familia [Merged]