New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Saturday, me and my groupies when on for a weekend trip to Laiya, Batangas, we were on a convoy of a Toyota Hi Ace, the new Vios and a Mazda 3 1.6.

It was getting dark (and it's hard to travel on those roads beyond 7pm) and we had to play catchup really with the Hi-Ace leading, I was on the Vios and we were driving at around 100-160 (I know, I know )

The driver of the Mazda 3 was following us but couldn't catch up. In his desire to catchup and not get lost (He didn't know the place we were going to). He tried to follow our overtakes. Unfortunately he didn't see the coming tricycle in the other lane. I'm not sure what he did but he definitely did try not to hit the tricycle which he didn't, however I think he forced on the breaks too much and after that we heard a rattling sound. I'm no mechanic but I advised him to restart the engine. The rattling sound was minimized but it was still there.

Could it be that it damaged the ABS?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ouch. all I know is when you step suddenly on the brakes, the abs will function and pump on the brakes (may konting rattling sound), but if after meron pa din. hmm.. yes, might be related.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    we noticed sumirit ata ung break fluid at mejo meron sa gulong... wala pakong update dun sa may ari. Mukhang nadale nga ABS nya at di na disengage nung pinatay ung makina at inistart ulit

Mazda 3 skidded en route to Laiya, then rattling sound.